BAD BUYER BEWARE!!!! member ===>(arcticoasis) - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 09:45 AM   #21
hayabusafmw
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Sebastian
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 12

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
just so everyone know , im from montreal so if i make typos it's because im french (i do have a reason) not him hehe.

as now the cards are played you see exactly what type of person i had to deal with......

it didn't take long for him to act as such once again.:P
hayabusafmw is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:11 AM   #22
Mike Emilio
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticoasis
. . . .
WIth all of his answres to the questions gave me really bad feelings that there is a good chance that I could be taken. I then backed out. I appolgized and he continued to slander and send me emails until he told me to stop replying to them. Then he goes here and slanders me more.
I think that any buyer that was in my shoes would have done the same thing. . .
hayabusafmw . . .
Read the quote above. Anyone has the right to back-out, and they don't really have to explain them self either. The gentleman has even appologized publicly for any inconvenience.

Keep the item boxed up and try to find another buyer, without sounding so desperate. You would have to box it up anyways!
You never know, one day you might be in his shoes, and backing out of something. Be a gentleman and let it go.
Mike Emilio is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:27 AM   #23
hayabusafmw
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

It's understood .

it was just to clarify 1 more thing it's done , & let's move on

Old 10-17-2006, 11:14 AM   #24

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooper B
Wow, this seller sounds fishy to me I wouldn't send him any money either without any type of insurance. Who doesn't accept a wire transfer?? What more could you want than that!
I don't like wire transfer, simply because my bank (and most banks) charge you to make or receive a wire transfer. Most buyers aren't willing to pay the charge for me to receive one.

Anyway, in this entire scenario, sadly the buyer is usually more at risk than the seller, I know VERY few people who will send an item without receiving payment first. Escrow seems to be the viable solution. I've had both buyers and sellers back out on deals and it pisses me off to no end. I have even made one deal on RCC here where the "verbal handshake" was made, I went out and bought the certified bank draft, had it ready to mail and at the last minute was told by the seller "I sold it locally". Now the crap part in that was it was a plane I REALLY wanted, but it also cost me to purchase the draft, not alot, $5 or $6, but it was money that could not be returned. So, as a buyer I was screwed over without even seeing the plane.

Funny thing about this post is that there is ALWAYS going to be a "he said / she said" situation where both the buyer and the seller make each other look bad. Truthfully after reading both sides, I would have a really hard time dealing with either person. There is an old adage that says "let sleeping dogs lie" it probably would have made sense in this case.

Just my 2 cents.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:41 AM   #25
Sooper B

Yes this is a good point your are correct about the buyer seller issues.
Sooper B is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:12 PM   #26
1367mustang
RCC Junior Contributor

problems

Remember................. 99.99% of the members here are the greatest guys in the country. Do not let one problem draw you away from RC Canada. Help is a keyboard away. I was new here as well and got more help, advice and answers than anywhere else.

We are a group that care.

Regards

Brian

MAAC # 75074
1367mustang is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:41 PM   #27
hayabusafmw
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

amen 1367mustang

I feel it already when i asked questions in the forum for help on cars, plane people are very helpful & kind

i will not start to Generalise with everyone here for 1 case --> no way:P

okay let's close this Thread:P

let's all move on
Old 10-24-2006, 09:15 AM   #28
tvguy

what I do.

I haven't bought anything off of here yet, but I have bought stuff from other sites, and what I always do is look for someone who is close to me. This way, I can go look at it, and if all is well, heres the cash thanks for the plane. My first plane I bought from a guy in missasauga which is about 45 minute drive.

I do understand however, that in some areas, there aren't allot of rc people, so you have to purchase through the mail, but this is just how I like to do it.
tvguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #29
Oshawapilot
RCC Contributor

I am: Mark M

Anytime you engage in an online transaction there is risk involved. On sites like eBay you are contractually obligated to complete a transaction once the purchase has been made, however you are also covered by some amount of safeguards to ensure the transaction goes well...and if it doesn't, you at least have a chance of getting your money back.

Here, not so much, so its less "Safeguard" and more "Faith and reputation". Given the obviously honest nature of most around here and the fact that there's a feedback system in place I think that a lot of the risk is negated.

If someone was out a whole load of cash in a blatant ripoff in this deal I could understand the mudslinging, but otherwise (other then some time and a box/tape) nobody seems out a whole lot other then some irked feelings.

I myself am in the process of a trade here with another great member (with a much higher feedback record then me!) and we both accept the fact that since we shipped our items at the same time we are both in some amount of risk.

I think that's something (as unfounded as it is in my situation) that one needs to accept on a site like this.

Money lost would concern me. Time lost (and some aggravation, perhaps) would irk me, but not enough to really flip out about it.

Just my $0.02 from a newbie (at least to this forum) perspective.
Oshawapilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in