Synergy E5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Helis Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for electric helicopters.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: James Parnell
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 31

Total Props: 14
Synergy E5

Well I bought my first Synergy kit and am about to start the build on it. Let me say I was very very disapointed when I opened the box and a single piece of paper explained how we are saving the enviroment by not including an instruction manual!!!!!!
Everything in the box looks very nice. I am hoping I made a wise choice on this one, the build will start shortly as I need servo's mounted to one side frame first so I have to order those up before I start.This looks to be a straight forward build , ordered the 556 and 96 rail blades for it as well.
This is also my first flybarless heli so we'll see. I have no idea which fbl unit to buy, I use a 2.4 FASST 7C Futaba , so if anyone has any input pm me about the units. I will try to post build pics as I go , but can never get them to load here so we'll see.
Jimmy P is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
dashpuppy
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jason L.
Radio of choice:
DS-16
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 22
Re: Synergy E5

Build thread COUGH BUILD thread COUGH !!

Yeah, i hear you on the manual part, id be pissed!! I like having a manual so i can read it the day before and highlight anything that needs to be looked at twice and things i'm unsure of or "POINTERS"

bummer..
dashpuppy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
gothicbunny
RCC Contributor

I am: Don N

Total Props: 3

I fly iKon FBL myself and the SL has paid for itself saving me from a crash when I've lost orientation. On an E5 it would have paid for two of them LOL

For a flybar guy like you I would probably recommend a vbar with the paddle sim turned on.
gothicbunny is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
dashpuppy
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
DS-16

HC3-sx but it's $$$

Saved me many times from hitting the ground because it has BAIL OUt witch pushes the heli away from the ground. No other FBL system on the market does this.

Sure they self level WOOO not use full when you lost orientation and its heading towards ground.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
mikekimc
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: MikeC
Radio of choice:
RCA

Total Props: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
HC3-sx but it's $$$

Saved me many times from hitting the ground because it has BAIL OUt witch pushes the heli away from the ground. No other FBL system on the market does this.

Sure they self level WOOO not use full when you lost orientation and its heading towards ground.
Jason there's a thread on HF on how to set up the Ikon to add collective as well ... a little bit of mix in your radio and it pulls the same as the HC3SX for less then half the price. I sold off an HC3SX for an MSH Brain and never regretted doing so!
mikekimc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
dashpuppy
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
DS-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekimc View Post
Jason there's a thread on HF on how to set up the Ikon to add collective as well ... a little bit of mix in your radio and it pulls the same as the HC3SX for less then half the price. I sold off an HC3SX for an MSH Brain and never regretted doing so!
I'm for trying a new unit, i'm just strongly saying the BD is a VERY NICE unit. I love mine..

personally, ill wait i don't like doing mixing etc etc id rather the unit just work the way it's suppose to, ie level and pull away from the ground in any orientation.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
gothicbunny
RCC Contributor

I am: Don N

Total Props: 3

Jason, I've been using the SL on the iKon as bailout quite successfully. I hit the switch and save myself $200 by moving my left thumb to add collective. It is really what muscle memory you train. No different than just training not to hit TH and watch it go in.

The devs are also working on adding a bailout mode where it will level and climb just like the BD3SX for guys that have paralyzed left thumbs. They are also working on an add-on altimeter to add a deck function to kill the SK 720/GPS combo (that still doesn't work reliably for almost $1000).

I will agree the BD crew have a better bailout, but to me not worth the price difference.
gothicbunny is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
dashpuppy
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
DS-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicbunny View Post
Jason, I've been using the SL on the iKon as bailout quite successfully. I hit the switch and save myself $200 by moving my left thumb to add collective. It is really what muscle memory you train. No different than just training not to hit TH and watch it go in.

The devs are also working on adding a bailout mode where it will level and climb just like the BD3SX for guys that have paralyzed left thumbs. They are also working on an add-on altimeter to add a deck function to kill the SK 720/GPS combo (that still doesn't work reliably for almost $1000).

I will agree the BD crew have a better bailout, but to me not worth the price difference.
I'm buying another one, after flying it and a vbar, id have to say 100% BD3SX flys WAY nicer and feels locked in 100%..

Now if ikon can do this and make it cheaper, i'm sure they will sell millions of them, i know the bd is 500$ but honestly you really get what you pay for. The goblin speed ? that uses a BD because no other FBL controller can keep up.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
mikekimc
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
RCA

Ikon or Brain ... easy set up and very effective! Jimmy and that heli won't disappoint you! As for no paper instructions ... they are all going that route ... has nothing to do with the environment and everything to do with cost!

Cheers
Mike
Old 08-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
mikekimc
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
RCA

I hear you ... MSH are testing this and are talking about adding it to the system through the basic set up ... So before you know it ... the option will be there at the same low price. The Ikon flys very well and is much easier to set up the the HC.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in