TREX 600e Scorpion HK4025 1100KV w Ice HV 80?? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 04-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #11
rotormonkey13
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Joe Smith (I swear)
Radio of choice:
DX7
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 11
Re: TREX 600e Scorpion HK4025 1100KV w Ice HV 80??

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
There's a couple different versions of that motor with different kv ratings.

kv = rpm per volt. So you can figure out the rpm of the motor with this:

44.4v * 510kv = 22644rpm at the motor.

That's assuming a 12s battery. Since I don't know what battery setup you're aiming for or what motor you have I'm totally guessing here.

Once you know the motor rpm, you figure out what your gear ratio will be and multiply that by the motor rpm to get rpm at the main gear.

(16pinion / 170main) * 22644rpm = 2131.2rpm at the head.
Assuming a 90% motor efficiency we do this:
2131.2 * 0.9 = 1918.08

So if that's your setup (12s battery with the 510kv motor, 16t pinion and 170t main gear) then you can expect around 1918rpm at full throttle. If you want higher, then you can probably increase the timing of the motor (via ESC settings) to get a little more rpm out of it. Or go to a larger pinion (or smaller maingear) if available.

Clear as mud?

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
vgjunky
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Bob F
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 2
Re: TREX 600e Scorpion HK4025 1100KV w Ice HV 80??

I think I got it, thanks again for all that responded to this query. I am sticking with the 4025 100kv Scorpion, but ordered a CC 100 Esc and a BEC. I will fly in 6S for the summer and get used to the heli. I am just going to be doing sport flying and very light 3D. The setup I am using seems to be a popular one for that heli but thanks to you and the others I better understand the gear ratio, pinion, battery config, esc. Man, a lot more complicated then matching and engine to a plane. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotormonkey13 View Post
There's a couple different versions of that motor with different kv ratings.

kv = rpm per volt. So you can figure out the rpm of the motor with this:

44.4v * 510kv = 22644rpm at the motor.

That's assuming a 12s battery. Since I don't know what battery setup you're aiming for or what motor you have I'm totally guessing here.

Once you know the motor rpm, you figure out what your gear ratio will be and multiply that by the motor rpm to get rpm at the main gear.

(16pinion / 170main) * 22644rpm = 2131.2rpm at the head.
Assuming a 90% motor efficiency we do this:
2131.2 * 0.9 = 1918.08

So if that's your setup (12s battery with the 510kv motor, 16t pinion and 170t main gear) then you can expect around 1918rpm at full throttle. If you want higher, then you can probably increase the timing of the motor (via ESC settings) to get a little more rpm out of it. Or go to a larger pinion (or smaller maingear) if available.

Clear as mud?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in