Any U-Can-Do 3D pilots - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 06:45 AM   #11
DP01
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dennis P

Total Props: 3

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Servo leads� I used heat shrink tubing at the connections to ensure they stay together and a tie-wrap at the front to secure them. There's not much room to do anyhing else! BTW, also used 22 gauge extensions everywhere. I used a long drill from the fin post forward to install an antenna tube.

On the subject of digital servos - one thing is for certain, these devices are power hungry little guys. So much as touch the surface and the digital buzz is heard. During the dynamics of flight, they have to be constantly operating. IMO that puts a great deal of importance on battery capacity/state of charge and performance in general.

Dennis

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:56 AM   #12

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP01
On the subject of digital servos - one thing is for certain, these devices are power hungry little guys. So much as touch the surface and the digital buzz is heard. During the dynamics of flight, they have to be constantly operating. IMO that puts a great deal of importance on battery capacity/state of charge and performance in general.

Dennis
Hi Dennis

I have been keeping track better lately of my power useage during a flying session. I run a 4.8V 1100mah AAU cell pack. In my plane I run x1-9151 digital, x1-9252 digital, x2-9150 digitals, x1-9602 mid size coreless. During an average flight (practising the P-03 schedule) an 11 minute flight takes roughly 150 mah.

I have a friend who uses JR digitals with the same number of servos flying the same motor/prop, same schedule, same larger battery (JR Extra 1400). Have never tested out his plane to the same degree as mine but seems like he cannot get as much time as I can before a recharge.

So far I am very happy with the power consumption of the Futaba digitals.

As for Hitecs, when comparing their 59XX digitals (not the 56XX sport stuff as its not in the same league as a 9151 for instance, more analog coreless will have better centering than the 56XX series.) they are only a couple of bucks cheaper ($147 for Hitec and $150 for Futaba from Greathobbies).
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:53 AM   #13
Hughes500E
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Steve H.

Total Props: 16
My only complaint so far......Being my first ARF, I don't like not being able to do the tedious jobs inside the fuse before covering.... quite the experience though..........

I wish I could get my Heli's to draw that amount juice...... I'm almost twice that and I only run 1 digital 9253...............
Hughes500E is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-08-2003, 10:08 AM   #14

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes500E
I wish I could get my Heli's to draw that amount juice...... I'm almost twice that and I only run 1 digital 9253...............
Holy smokes!!

My buddys got a Raptor with a GY401 and 9253 on tailrotor and 9001's on everything else. Next time he is out after his flying session we will throw it on the charger and see how much he took out of it to get another bit of data.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:35 AM   #15
Hughes500E
RCC Supreme Contributor

Fly agressive.................
Old 05-08-2003, 05:43 PM   #16
ratherbflyin
RCC Contributor

I am: David M

Total Props: 5
l see on the Great Hobbies site they have a U CAN DO 3D
46 size arf listed but without any info yet. Anyone know if
this is a new version soon to be available?
ratherbflyin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-08-2003, 06:14 PM   #17
Hughes500E
RCC Supreme Contributor

I seen that myself....... I am attracted to the 60/90 size though .... better in the wind, flys stable, and a huge increase when it comes to the pucker factor............
46 might be cute though Greatplanes says nothing on there site........
Why not just go for the 60???? so far I'm enjoying the build..........
I just hope no one else flys one at my field....... at the same time.....
Old 05-08-2003, 06:15 PM   #18
james
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: James W
Radio of choice:
Jr
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
The USD 45 is going to be released pretty soon. I saw some pictures of it taken at toledo on RCU. It looks like a nice plane. Personally I think it has a better covering scheme than the UCD 60. I'll post the thread latter if I can find it again.
James
james is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:02 PM   #19
james
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: James W
Radio of choice:
Jr
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
Here's the link. http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...ght=UCD+toledo
I think that this will be a nice plane. I'm thinking maybe I'll get one over next winter and mount a YS 63 in it. Would like to get one sonner but have the budget spent till december. If anyone gets one let us know how it flies, what u think of it and what setup u used.
James
james is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:36 PM   #20
ratherbflyin
RCC Contributor

I am: David M

Total Props: 5
Thanks James, interesting looking. l wonder what the wingspan is.
l'll watch for it's release, l might just have to indulge myself
ratherbflyin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in