Tyler P
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Tyler P
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 6
Multiplex AcroMaster

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
When I first started flying, the Multiplex AcroMaster was my first 3D plane. I had a couple of them early on.

I decided that I should build up another one and also make it night-flyer while I was at it! This time around I also decided that I'd build it fairly light, including the lighting system, so that it would be an excellent 3Der. I picked it up at Great Hobbies. http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...d_id=MPU214215

The AcroMaster is the best flying fuel-fuselage foamy made! It flies as well or better than any balsa plane I've had of the same size. On low rates it grooves amazingly well and on high rates it is a super-floaty 3D monster!

In my previous incarnations of this plane I was running a power system that was a bit overkill for it. A large 60A ESC, slightly larger than recommended motor, and 2500mah batteries made for a pretty powerful, but somewhat heavy, plane. This time around I'm using a slightly lighter than recommended setup with a Torque motor and Airboss 35A ESC from a previous Extreme Flight setup powered on 1300 and 1500mah 3s packs. The result is a power system peaking around 400 watts but weighing around 30oz. This combo makes a great flyer that you can do slow 3D with down low with confidence! It also lands at less than a walking pace! Flight times on the 1300s are timed to 6 minutes and the 1500s could probably do a solid 7.

I've had a blast getting to know this plane again! I'm probably going to go out this evening and do it's maiden night-flight. I don't know why I waited so long to get another one of these!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	303471_10150865512913480_516543479_9632071_1714450220_n.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	151561   Click image for larger version

Name:	581083_10150865513533480_516543479_9632072_880811841_n.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	151562  
Tyler P is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
Tyler P
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Tyler P
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 6
Re: Multiplex AcroMaster

I flew the plane last night with the lighting system and it is quite visible! No issues with orientation at all.

Currently my lights use a 3s 500mah battery and small light driver. I had used a set of lights that took direct voltage before, hence the 3s, but I'll be dropping it down to a smaller 2s to save weight. You definitely can feel the difference of the extra battery in there.

I didn't fly long because I didn't feel like putting on bug spray. The mosquitos were having a feast on my hands while I was trying to fly!
Tyler P is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
p1ayaone
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Peter
Radio of choice:
Hitec Aurora 9
# of RCs: i++

Total Props: 1
Re: Multiplex AcroMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler P View Post
The AcroMaster is the best flying fuel-fuselage foamy made!
What do you mean? What's a fuel fuselage? Surely you wouldn't put a gas engine in there
p1ayaone is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in