Maybe I should have posted here instead???? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Crawling Discussion A place to exchange ideas and post information on crawling

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
imported_kuatto
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Maybe I should have posted here instead????

Kids crawler event july 25th saturday

Since being medically retired due to an injury from Afghanistan,I have taken up the rc hobby in a big way and have enjoyed it for the last 3 plus years.I have decided to share in the hobby with a few of the local kids,in particular,rc rock crawling.
I have put together a small rock/wood crawling course to let them experience crawling and see what it takes to make it around a course.I think I have emailed or talked to over a dozen shops,manufactures about sponsoring/donating things like batteries,crawler kits etc just to get them interested and hopefully get the kids interested in the hobby and enjoy it as much as we all do. Other then a skate park just built,there really is nothing for the younger crowd to do,so this might be a nice change for some. I still have a lot of leg work to do,but I am determined to pull this off and have fun in the process. To date I have built 3(almost 4) complete crawler based on the axial rock crawler to keep parts the same and have had help through private donations from fellow rc crawlers from across Canada and have taken care of the food venue. Sponsor wise,I have had stuff like t-shirts,hats,decals and a few parts,but am still in need of rechargable battery packs use on the crawler and things like axles,drive shafts,shocks,tire/rims,linkage kits etc.I have used all my available funds at this point,thats where I need the sponsers help to kick in so we can accomplish this event and the kids have some fun.

We could also use some of the smaller 1/18th scale off road electric buggies for those that want to do use a small dirt track that will be also available.I have contacted over 20 dealers and shops in hopes of gathering a few rtr kits and batteries for this part of it. Any help I can get to make this happen would be great,I'm looking at a group of kids in the numbers from 10 to 15 kids.I .If your in the area on the day of the event,your welcome to come out and have fun.I want every kid to go home with some kind of prize and a big smile.....

Basically I'm on my own doing this and have had some donations from fellow crawlers and have built a couple axial based crawlers,but any help I can get in the form of parts donations would be greatly appreciated. :HELP
AX10 2.2 crawler
Bull 2.2 crawler
http://scalercstuff.weebly.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in