Thanks for nothing JR - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #13
HAL9KPCM
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Dave Z
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 128
Re: Thanks for nothing JR

Full stock? Your own website says it's 2-3 weeks before parts ship for my gasser, so what am I supposed to do when I need parts, place an order and hope for the best and wait up to a month or more?

Sure, I click on parts for all of the popular helicopters and apparently there is stock, but again, go to the gasser, every item shows 2-3 weeks before they ship. I have yet to find any place that actually stocks parts for the gasser. Maybe you get your items from the US in that time frame, but it sure doesn't happen here in Saskatchewan. I would LOVE to order from my guys locally and support them, but again, longer shipping and the pricing would be the same as I see on the website, so double the cost.

You mention Horizon, have you looked at their site for the gasser items? IF you can find anything, it's marked as discontinued and not available. They also only ship UPS and I just won't deal with that mess anymore.

Do you really think the parts for the gasser are reasonable? Everything there is at least DOUBLE what I could pay for from RC Japan even with the exchange and shipping. Please go and look specifically at the gasser parts and tell me that the prices are reasonable. For sure I'm going to look at aftermarket blades, there is no way I would pay $680 for mains and $70 for tail blades, but not everything is available from a third party supplier.

So why do I order from RC Japan? Half the price and shipping times at least equal to or faster than North America sourcing.

Yes, I have asked and am receiving either no answers. I asked on the JR Americas twitter and received a "Not our area, contact JR Propo". Fair enough. Maybe as a rep, you get answers from them, but as a joe schmo, they never seem to answer.

Sorry, while I have been around here a little bit now, I knew there was somebody on here as a rep, but couldn't for the life of me say that it was you.

If somebody would give some out some answers, then ya, maybe I wouldn't be so ticked off. If they came back and it was like you said, they weren't paying the bills, then ya, not JR fault, but nobody will say anything.

Maybe I needed to be more specific, I do believe the North America reps (JR Americas) are most likely doing a good job, they at least respond. JR Propo, not so much.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in