DHansen
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: rippin the bring
Radio of choice:
Spektrum/JR
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 11
Re: Lazy-Boy FPV

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
"I think what is really being missed here is the Hazard to the neighborhood" Nappy99
I would leave the thinking up to Max's neigbor as to whether something or someone is a risk to them or not.
Interesting gadgets guys looking forward to seeing more.

DHansen

Last edited by DHansen; 12-15-2013 at 02:47 PM.
DHansen is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #42
nappy99
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Mark S.

Total Props: 3

Max, I doubt that any admin would delete my posts, I have said nothing inaccurate nor have I done so in a derogatory manor. Perhaps look at the inflammatory and inconsistent remarks in your own posts.

Commercial and civil aviation serve a place for man-kind. When you consider the "risk vs. reward"...the public has accepted that the reward from aviation is much greater than the risks. People that will never ever fly, do benefit from aviation, the Philippines rescue efforts is a recent example of that. People around the world benefit everyday from aviation and accept the risks, including me.

As for your FPV quad, there is no risk / reward benefit for anyone in your neighbourhood, other than you. The poor people on your street have no benefit from your quad, but a significant risk. This is my point.

You even note that what you're doing is "pioneering" with FPV...FYI when the aviation industry does any pioneering they do it in simulators or desert air strips, where the general public is not at risk. Since you like to compare yourself with the aviation industry, perhaps follow what they do, and take your FPV QUAD out on a desert airstrip, test it for years and 1000's of hours...and no one will have any issues with that.

As for the farmer with a race track, yes he still needs to abide by by-laws to benefit his neighbors, like no loud noise after 11pm. If you were flying this quad FPV from your 100 acre farm, staying over your land, I would not have any issues with what your doing. However, this is not the case.

You know, when I am at a flying club, and someone happens to fly behind the flight-line or over the pits, everyone starts yelling at them, why ? Because they don't want to get hurt. So for you to think that your neighbors are OK with this, really ?

I am not against FPV at all...just the unnecessary risks to unsuspecting neighbors that have no clue how dangerous it is.
nappy99 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #43
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappy99 View Post
Max, I doubt that any admin would delete my posts, I have said nothing inaccurate nor have I done so in a derogatory manor. Perhaps look at the inflammatory and inconsistent remarks in your own posts.

Commercial and civil aviation serve a place for man-kind. When you consider the "risk vs. reward"...the public has accepted that the reward from aviation is much greater than the risks. People that will never ever fly, do benefit from aviation, the Philippines rescue efforts is a recent example of that. People around the world benefit everyday from aviation and accept the risks, including me.

As for your FPV quad, there is no risk / reward benefit for anyone in your neighbourhood, other than you. The poor people on your street have no benefit from your quad, but a significant risk. This is my point.

You even note that what you're doing is "pioneering" with FPV...FYI when the aviation industry does any pioneering they do it in simulators or desert air strips, where the general public is not at risk. Since you like to compare yourself with the aviation industry, perhaps follow what they do, and take your FPV QUAD out on a desert airstrip, test it for years and 1000's of hours...and no one will have any issues with that.

As for the farmer with a race track, yes he still needs to abide by by-laws to benefit his neighbors, like no loud noise after 11pm. If you were flying this quad FPV from your 100 acre farm, staying over your land, I would not have any issues with what your doing. However, this is not the case.

You know, when I am at a flying club, and someone happens to fly behind the flight-line or over the pits, everyone starts yelling at them, why ? Because they don't want to get hurt. So for you to think that your neighbors are OK with this, really ?

I am not against FPV at all...just the unnecessary risks to unsuspecting neighbors that have no clue how dangerous it is.
You sir, a delusional. How else am I supposed to react to your flagrant lies that you keep repeating OVER AND OVER again like a broken record.
You bring nothing new to the table. Just the same lies over and over again.

Its obvious you have only your narrow minded views. Why else do you keep repeating your lies? The truth is, you wont accept that you are in the wrong. You have no clue what you are talking about, but feel you need to make your twisted points on these forums. Well, it wont work with me. And I'm pretty sure people reading this can make their own decisions about this matter.

I challenge you to answer the questions I posted as a reply to your earlier false claims about my flying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by max

With respect to the flight in this thread, you like some others here PRESUME you know all the facts behind my flight, when in fact you are just making up pure garbage and attempting to pass it off as fact.

Quote:
1)have a spotter
Prove I did not have a spotter.

Quote:
2) fly within line of sight..
Prove that I flew beyond line of sight.

Quote:
.as well MAAC doesn't condone flying over houses
Prove that I flew over houses

Quote:
and people for any type of flying.
Prove that I flew over people.

For all the above, you are FULL OF S**T. You make baseless accusations with not an iota of fact or proof. People like you are a poison to RC and the RC community. Just a bunch of hate-filled people trying to intimidate others that are pioneering new technologies and techniques.

I don't mind having meaningful discussions with people who want to learn something or make a point in a pro-active manner. I don't even mind admitting I have done something wrong when people who provide constructive criticism on things I could have done better or different than what I had done/plan to do. But I don't feel I should have to deal with trolls that come here just to raise sh** and spewing made-up "facts"

So. Out with it. What proof do you have to back up your claims? Put up or shut up.

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #44
bcsaltchucker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
Frsky-Taranis
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 24

proof is there: the biggest pita for FPVers is other RC flyers

Occasionally there is some lay person who thinks fpvers are trying to spy on them. That is just misinformed. These other RC flyers like Nappy are true bullies. Grown men picking on other toy plane pilots like they did to others in junior high. Deluded into being brown shirts for no reason, can provide no examples of damage or injury from around the entire globe despite FPV being exposed on Youtube more than any other kind of RC flying. I mean are they also peeing their hatred all over the RC helicopter forums too, where injury and deaths are reported every year? Are they the ones yelling at kids playing hockey on the cul de sac, which also results in injuries and damage in every town across the country? Or are they harrassing cyclists who ride the streets and occasionally hit a pedestrian?

--

Ultimately, you are liable for the damage you cause, no matter what you do in this world, be it fly a model, ride a bicycle, kick a football or build a deck. So bottom line: don't take the risks that could result in damage you can't afford or would be embarrassed about. Emphasis on personal choice in this, imho. I am not going to go hog wild on some other flyer unless I see something truly egregious, like flying near airplanes, or flying 1/4 scalers over people and such.

Last edited by bcsaltchucker; 12-15-2013 at 07:46 PM.
bcsaltchucker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #45
nappy99
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Mark S.

Total Props: 3

Well Max, I guess you must have the latest Hobby King "x-ray goggles" that permits you to see through brick walls and maintain line of sight, and in one of your photos, you say "there is the back of my house"...I guess your spotter is hidden behind the trees because I can't see anyone.

Hoping Santa brings you some peace and joy.

Merry Christmas Max
nappy99 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #46
bcsaltchucker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
Frsky-Taranis
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 24

Nappy: no need to see the plane. It's FPV. If you are looking at the plane it is not FPV. Better to fly FPV to have maximum control of the plane and where it is headed.

Last edited by bcsaltchucker; 12-15-2013 at 09:42 PM.
bcsaltchucker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #47
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Well Max, I guess you must have the latest Hobby King "x-ray goggles" that permits you to see through brick walls and maintain line of sight, and in one of your photos, you say "there is the back of my house"...I guess your spotter is hidden behind the trees because I can't see anyone.

Hoping Santa brings you some peace and joy.

Merry Christmas Max
Troll Alert!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsaltchucker View Post
Nappy: Do you FPV or not?
Quote:
Yes I do FPV...but I follow the guidelines, they are common sense, and I also have a quad, albeit I only FPV on my airplane.
You fly FPV? I doubt it.

If you FPV like you say you do, then you already know the answer. You never once flew behind a tree before where your spotter momentarily lost sight of your plane? Or maybe you have no FPV experience

I have. Whoop-de do. It drops out of sight momentarily, and the spotter says "You'd better climb a bit, I cant see you" Is that illegal? I was safe for the entire time my spotter could see my craft and then for that split second when I dip out of view and then rise back up, I'm "unsafe" as you would have us all believe? Would a situation of this type; popping out of sight momentarily, the spotter advising the pilot and the pilot making the correction- Is that against the MAAC FPV guidelines if I were flying at a MAAC sanctioned field?

Have you had even an ounce of FPV experience (especially with a quad) then maybe you would have experienced this.

Oh- and are the MAAC safety guidelines mandatory when flying off non-MAAC fields? Just asking, because you don't seem to get that aspect of the issue either.

PS- TROLL ALERT!!! you never answered my questions in my previous post. Why do you keep dodging the issue and not providing any proof to back up your claims? Unless of course, you have no proof and are afraid to admit all your claims are fictitious and made up- Proving to any and all that you are a genuine troll. Keep trolling, buddy, your ignorance is showing

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in