1/8th Buggy Hex Help...... - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
imported_tfhughes_28
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
1/8th Buggy Hex Help......

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey guys,

I recently got a kick ** deal on a 1/8 buggy tire lot. As most of you know i still have my old trusty Duratrax Axis and i still run the original 19mm hexes. The tires being advertised where 19mm hexes from an older Kyosho buggy. I jumped on them cuz 19mm wheels are really hard to find. My problem is that the wheels are made for a different type of hex. The Axle that extends through the ORIGINAL wheel on my Axis is HUGE....the part with the threads on it that the outside nut screws onto will not fit through the Kyosho wheels i purchased.

I have a solution....just drill out the centers of the Kyosho wheels so my Axis hexes fit....Problem is that i bought over 100 wheels....lol. Does anyone know if there is an adapter hex that will work for me? Remember...these are 19mm Kyosho wheels, which have Hexes like a T-Maxx, NTC3....(the axle has a pin going through it and the hex fits onto this pin...for the Kyosho buggy). The Hexes for my Axis are held onto the buggy by a set screw.

I hope i didn't confuse too many people....lol.

"You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."
imported_tfhughes_28 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:06 PM   #2
Chris_HFX

Isn't this the same Axis I worked on about a year or two ago? You brought it into MSC for some work, If Im correct.

If you're saying the Hexes of these wheels will fit standard T-maxx then its 14mm.

Im not exactly sure what you mean, but if you were saying that the style is the same (hex+pin) but diff size then perhaps try to get in a kyosho 777 hub set. More 1/8 buggies have unversal axles for the hex to bolt onto.

Chris
Chris_HFX is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:59 AM   #3
imported_tfhughes_28
RCC Junior Contributor

Hey,

Nope...not my Axis...but you prolly know mine. I live across from Vernon at the Oval Track.

The axle on the Axis has a flat spot on it where the set screw from the hex rests against, keeping the axle from spinning inside the hex. I have a pair of Kyosho Hexes that came with the tires but they require a hole straight through the axle like on MT or my NTC3 for the pin to go in and then the hex fits on the pin....make sense or did i confuse you more....lol

"You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."

Old 04-13-2006, 04:47 PM   #4
Chris_HFX

Does the pin go right thru the hex? If so thats basically standard 1/8th 17mm hex. The pin is held in place by a set screw going right into the end of the axle.

Chris
Chris_HFX is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:27 AM   #5
imported_tfhughes_28
RCC Junior Contributor

Here is a pic showing the two of the Hexes. The one on the left is from the Axis and the other is the Kyosho Hex that came with the wheels. The hex for the Axis doesn't have a pin at all, just a set screw. I know this is very confusing to try and explain over the net....next time i get to the city i'll throw the buggy in the van and stop off at the shop....lol.

I tested a wheel by drilling it out and it fits on the Axis perfectly, so i guess that's what i'll do...drill 'em as i need 'em...lol.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in