Gelcoat
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Jean B
Radio of choice:
Futaba...Spektrum...JR
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 0
Help FEEDBACK

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
When I want to leave positive feedback to enhance someone's profile, why am I having such trouble locating the suitable "FEEDBACK REFERENCE" Am I looking at the wrong place or must I make it up?
When opening a "leave feedback" window in a message sent or receivedunder the original posting why doesn't the reedback reference automatically show up? It would be so much easier and like it's done at RCUniverse. It could be done. I have tried the '"cut and paste" several times and it only only works 1 out of five.

Please counsel me on this one.

Jason can you comment?

JeanB.
Gelcoat is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #2
reo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron O.

Total Props: 96
Re: Help FEEDBACK

I agree, I have found this rating system cumbersome, especially if trying to find reference to the ad a long time after it was originally posted. (I realize there are ways to get it done, all I'm saying is that is not an easy process sometimes).
reo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
darrenR
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: darren r
Radio of choice:
DX7
# of RCs: 15+

I had to just type in www.rccanada.ca and leave it at that, with no reference to the add but at least the sell got the feed back they desereved (by the way all positive anyway) so who cares about the original add, and most of the time the seller deletes the information as to stop getting pm's with offers on sold items as sometimes an excited shoper misses the sold post>(guilty once or twice myself) lol

Old 02-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #4
hifly2104
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9c
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelcoat View Post
When I want to leave positive feedback to enhance someone's profile, why am I having such trouble locating the suitable "FEEDBACK REFERENCE" Am I looking at the wrong place or must I make it up?
When opening a "leave feedback" window in a message sent or receivedunder the original posting why doesn't the reedback reference automatically show up? It would be so much easier and like it's done at RCUniverse. It could be done. I have tried the '"cut and paste" several times and it only only works 1 out of five.

Please counsel me on this one.

Jason can you comment?

JeanB.
One other way would be to look and see if the person who sold or bought the item from you or too you has left you feedback The link will be there

Sponsored by.
Small Pay cheque
Understanding Wife
Loving Daughter

Thought for the day

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or hump it.

Pee on it and walk away.
hifly2104 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
aubej
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jason A.

Total Props: 5

1. Copy the URL from the address bar of your browser.

2. Paste in the appropriate form field.

3 Select feedback type and fill in feedback field.

4 Submit.

Done....
aubej is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #6
Tyler P
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Tyler P
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
1. Copy the URL from the address bar of your browser.

2. Paste in the appropriate form field.

3 Select feedback type and fill in feedback field.

4 Submit.

Done....
Yes, that part is simple. However, sometimes it is hard to find the post to reference the ad.

I'm thinking that maybe the reference should only be necessary on negative feedbacks. If it's positive, there really should be no reason to go back to the thread to prove it. I think it's a bit more important if something when wrong and there's reason for a negative feedback.
Tyler P is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
reo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron O.

Total Props: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler P View Post
Yes, that part is simple. However, sometimes it is hard to find the post to reference the ad.

I'm thinking that maybe the reference should only be necessary on negative feedbacks. If it's positive, there really should be no reason to go back to the thread to prove it. I think it's a bit more important if something when wrong and there's reason for a negative feedback.
Finding the ad amongst all the others after the deal has been done, (it could be weeks later) can be difficult and time consuming. What I plan on doing from now on is to place the link to the ad in 'my favorites' until the deal is done giving me access to the ad anytime I wish with the click of a mouse. Otherwise, it's just too cumbersome. I think some guys just don't even bother with a rating because of this....

but, if putting www.rccanada.ca in the box as a previous post has indicated that would make things easier as well but most of us don't know about that little trick.....Ron
reo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #8
darrenR
RCC Senior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX7

If you made a deal through "Private mesaging" and still have it in your inbox from the seller just click on the sellers name and then click on Find More posts by this user and you should be able to find the For Sale Post they had,
Old 02-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #9
darrenR
RCC Senior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX7

another good tip if your buying higher priced items or package deals would be to Quote the original buyers add in his post just so that if the seller does delete it you still have a record of what you bought the condition it was advertised in and how much they were asking, kind of like having a reciept of the deal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in