2010 - SI - Post any questions or comments here! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
2010 - SI - Post any questions or comments here!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Pretty excited about the new website www.sprucewoodracing.com and how many sponsors are signing up to help out!

I keep getting asked and PM'd about the price. Many have said that because it is for Charity that I should charge more. ($50 first Class and $10 for each class) However I feel that with the state of the economy and many families involved the key is to keep the price down and not exclude anyone because of cost.

I would actually make is less however the cost for trophies, 5 porta potties, shirts and this year the LIGHTS rental!!! I need so much. However I am fortunate I do not have to pay for the land say like the guys in T-Burg as that would be a huge expense.

SO what I encourage is anyone who can or would spend more to bring that money as I will have a drop box at the Lions Club tent that you can drop in some extra money. (you can even get a tax receipt from them if you wish)

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
RCC Contributor

I am: Steve Taylor

GREAT work Mac and great thought on getting EVERYONE included!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Pretty excited about the new website www.sprucewoodracing.com and how many sponsors are signing up to help out!

I keep getting asked and PM'd about the price. Many have said that because it is for Charity that I should charge more. ($50 first Class and $10 for each class) However I feel that with the state of the economy and many families involved the key is to keep the price down and not exclude anyone because of cost.

I would actually make is less however the cost for trophies, 5 porta potties, shirts and this year the LIGHTS rental!!! I need so much. However I am fortunate I do not have to pay for the land say like the guys in T-Burg as that would be a huge expense.

SO what I encourage is anyone who can or would spend more to bring that money as I will have a drop box at the Lions Club tent that you can drop in some extra money. (you can even get a tax receipt from them if you wish)
007 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Thank you Steve!

Old 03-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Ok I want to try an idea at this race that I am stealing form MX.

On my new layout there is a very fast wide open section into a big Quad. Now safety and marshalling always says this is a bad idea. For racers it is awesome. I love seeing the car hanging in the air!!

So what I want to do is have Marshal 1, where you start to accelerate (before the jump) with a yellow flag. If the 2nd marshal (beside the jump)has to go out onto the track Marshal 1 will waive the flag in the air to let racers know they have to single, single, single, single through the section. If a racer doubles, or passes another car\truck in this section they will lose a lap for that quali or main! This should help keep the cars on the ground when the Marshal is on the track.

What do you guys think??
Old 03-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
Michael_Lambert
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mike L

Just coming as a total noob here which i am sure many who race arn't. I have a hard enough time with tunnel vision and don't see anything that happens around it or what i am almost going to run into.

So being that noob and hoping to get out for the first time racing this summer on your track i can honesty way you could be waving 50 foot flag unless its drapped over my car chances are i will miss it
Michael_Lambert is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:19 AM   #6
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

I think it's a great idea Dave, however...I don't agree with the fact you can't pass the car ahead of you or you'll be docked a lap. If it's THAT large of a section, there's still a great chance you could gain a position while keeping all 4 wheels on the ground. If you DO launch your car, then you would be docked a lap though.

Furthermore, and as an example, let's say you and I are 'following' one another through the section and roll the first two, then...the flag man lowers his flag. What happens now? What happens is that you and I have lost all our momentum and the cars that are about to enter the section can fly riiiiight over top of us because they didn't have a flag.

Another concern might be that the 'flag man' is actually a marshal, and has a flag in his/her hand. Could possibly reduce their effectiveness due to paying so much attention to the quad section. When their waving the flag, their NOT marshaling, or paying attention to anything other than watching the other marshal clear the pile-up, and this may inadvertently put them in danger of not watching what else is happening around them.

I think this might work better for you...Have the 'dedicated flag man' stand where you suggested, and wave the flag like you suggested, but they have to continue waving the flag until TWO things happen. One, the pile-up gets cleared, and two, there is nobody entering the section that could gain an advantage over those caught by the flag previously.

Just trying to save you some grief man, but I like the idea a lot.
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:26 AM   #7
imported_shipwama
RCC Contributor

I like the idea of this as well, but there is too much on the hands of the flag man in what kevin just suggested, it could result in guys getting heated and then arguments
imported_shipwama is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #8
Michael_Lambert
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mike L

Could it be done that make that part of the track slightly narrower and have a smooth straight away off to the side that if there is a need for the marshal to go on the flag goes up and people are forced down the side, and have it enforced that your docked a lap if you go down that straight away when the flag is not up?

This way your marshal is not going to get hit while on that portion of the track and other racers are not being forced to lose momentem or have the advantage removed from them.
Michael_Lambert is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #9
imported_Semple
RCC Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Ok I want to try an idea at this race that I am stealing form MX.

On my new layout there is a very fast wide open section into a big Quad. Now safety and marshalling always says this is a bad idea. For racers it is awesome. I love seeing the car hanging in the air!!

So what I want to do is have Marshal 1, where you start to accelerate (before the jump) with a yellow flag. If the 2nd marshal (beside the jump)has to go out onto the track Marshal 1 will waive the flag in the air to let racers know they have to single, single, single, single through the section. If a racer doubles, or passes another car\truck in this section they will lose a lap for that quali or main! This should help keep the cars on the ground when the Marshal is on the track.

What do you guys think??
I think... yes. It's a good way to have a crazy section without marshal casualties.
imported_Semple is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #10
John Bakker
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: JB

I think its a bad idea,there always that one person that doesn't pay attention and and takes out the marshal .after witnessing two people getting cars in the face(many stitches)in a 1 hr time frame ,my vote is safety first.
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in