Wanted: Scale Aerobatics Pilots! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 05:34 PM   #1
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Clemmens

Total Props: 1
Wanted: Scale Aerobatics Pilots!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello fellow Canadian Pilots!

Scale Aerobatics is going to have one heck of year in 2003! We have 10 contests scheduled in the Ontario - Quebec area. 5 in each!

If you have never attended an IMAC contest before, COME ON OUT! Not only are they tons of fun, you get to meet a great bunch of guys, AND learn how to improve your flying skills! There are always helpful people just waiting to give you hand! Come on out and give it a try!

Please see the Post "Scale Aerobatics" by Bob Hudson, for contest dates and locations.

If any of you have any questions or comments, I would be pleased to try to answer them.

Thanks

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-28-2002, 09:33 PM   #2
Jan Blom
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Janne B

Total Props: 0
Just downloaded the 3 middle sequences, sportsman...etc I do plan on trying a few events this summer. Which class has the most entrants usually?
Going to stick fly them with my bud soon, maybe sim too.
Jan Blom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:09 AM   #3
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

Hi Jan

Glad to hear your going to give Scale Aerobatics a try! I think you will really enjoy it!

The number of contestants in any class can vary at a contest. Generally though I would say Sportsman, Intermediate are the most popular. There has been a steady increase though in the upper classes as pilots become higher skilled.

My suggestion would be to try flying the lower class sequences first and see how you do. You can always move up if you find them too easy.

Hope that helps!

Old 01-06-2003, 09:48 AM   #4
rcpilot
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Maqsood

I have attended an event at Oakville couple of years ago with an old pattern plane in BASIC. Last year 2002 I had two Extra 300s and wanted to try out, but an event was not held by Oakville. I don't like going far out. However, its really nice to know that in 2003 there are alot more events scheduled and I see a few close to Miss/Oakville. Also I am planning on attending more events this summer, so hopefully you'll see me at a few contests.
Maqsood
BTW, is the sequence out for 2003??
rcpilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:54 AM   #5
JimMcIntyre
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
JR/Spectrum
# of RCs: 999

Ultimate bipe rebuilt... gonna try my hand at IMAC this year... WAHOO!
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:51 PM   #6
Jan Blom
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Janne B

WE were stick flying sportsman in the garage last night and were wondering about the last maneuver being a 270 deg. turn exit crossbox. I would think it best to start the turn flying away from fliteline but what do you do as soon as your done? Yank it so you dont go into the crowd?
Jan Blom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:31 PM   #7
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

Hi guys

Glad to hear that some of you are going to give IMAC a try this year! The new sequences are out, and are availible here.

http://www.mini-iac.com/Sequences/2003.asp

Give those stick planes a workout!

The direction one takes when deciding which way to go on a crossbox manouver, is largely determined by the position of the plane in the box. That is if you are in tight already, then you would choose to fly it out. If your already in the next time zone, then you would choose to fly it in.

In the case of the 270 in Sportsman, after you complete it, you would either wag your wings, or call "out of the box". You can then turn, or pull out, to set up to land. Pilots choice.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-14-2003, 09:52 AM   #8
chiroman
RCC Apprentice

Wondering if someone can enlighten me as to the difference between pattern and scale aerobatics?

I am new to the hobby(ie 7 months/two major crashes) and am looking to the future. It's taking a while to get up to speed with the information overload.

Thanks,

Mike
chiroman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:05 PM   #9
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

Hi Mike

Welcome to model aviation! I have been involved in it for over 35 years, and it truly is a wonderful hobby!

There are a number of differences between Pattern and Scale Aerobatics.

The aircraft themselves have no size restrictions like pattern, other than those as governed by the AMA and MAAC ... that being 55 pounds. In the Basic class, ANY airplane is welcome, be it an Ugly Stick, Cub or any other style of model or trainer.

The term "scale" implies just that. Models flown in the sportmans class and above, should be a scale model within 10% scale of the full size aerobatic plane. These include Extras, Giles, Ultimate, Pitts, Staudachers, Sukois, Edges, and MANY others. Your model should also have a pilot and instrument panel. Most if not all kits out there are well with in 10% of scale.

The contests themselves are run very similarly. Contestant judging is also the norm. Most contests are also two day events, with the Known sequences flown the first day, and an Unknown flown the second day for the Sportsman class and above. Basic flys their Knowns again. More knowns are flown as well the second day for the other classes, if time allows. We also have a freestyle event at the end of the day, which is optional. It gets real exciting here especially in the higher classes!

The sequences themselves are naturally different as well. They can be seen at http://www.mini-iac.com/Sequences/2003.asp

Hope you come out and give it a try once you have your wings.

If I can answer any more of your questions, please just ask!
Old 03-14-2003, 07:49 PM   #10
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59
Mike,

Just had a look at your website... whats with the "Marican" flag first this is Canada eh you hoser!

Just kidin! Are you makin props for ultralight too? 32" Prop
What the heck does that go on?

Is the cabinet business slow... your doing props? How about cabinets with props for handles Sorry couldn't resist!

I don't know if you remember me, Jim Daly, from MMFC days? Are you only up to 50% on that 300? When do we see the 60 or 75% job?

I am going down to Sun-N-Fun to look at RV's. would a 100% RV8 be eligible in IMAC? Sorry I don't know what has gotten in to me tonight.

Good luck on the circuit this season!
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in