More bad karma within our hobby re: Fraser Kittson from Sturgeon Falls area. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 08-26-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
KAPTAN KAOS
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Gary Arthur
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 17

Total Props: 6
Thumbs down More bad karma within our hobby re: Fraser Kittson from Sturgeon Falls area.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Not sure where to post this but if anyone reading this can help, it would be appreciated.

About a month ago, I sold Fraser Kittson (from Sturgeon Falls area) a Bud Nosen P51 with engine, all servos and Likes retracts for an insanly low price of $300. And to top it off, (the nice guy that I am) I let him take the plane with the promise that he would pay me later. I know, I am a fool or just a too nice of a guy. Well it went on for a while, then he tried the "didn't you recieve the money that I sent" and now he will not answer my calls or he will hang up when he hears me on the line.

I was way too nice to this guy. First giving him such a good price, then trusting him to pay me for it later.

If anyone knows him and could help me get paid, it would be appreciated. If not, at least this post will let others know what kind of guy he is and may avoid the same thing I have gone through.
Maac#30370
JPO 2011 Member

Last edited by KAPTAN KAOS; 08-26-2008 at 10:51 PM.
KAPTAN KAOS is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:52 PM   #2
Ken Currell

I am: Ken Currell
Radio of choice:
Multiplex Royal Evo
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 0
Re: More bad karma within our hobby re: Fraser Kittson from Sturgeon Falls area.

I assume by your post that he might not be on RCC.

Sorry to hear about the scam but they are out there.

You can still be a nice guy and send the next guy to the nearest bank machine and promise not to sell it in the next hour.

I bought some great stuff on the spur of the moment but had to ask the seller where I could find an ATM to get the rest of the cash. Twenty five miutes later Iwas the proud owner of a brand new OS twin.
Ken Currell is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:04 AM   #3
g.p.
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Greg P

Total Props: 8
Re: More bad karma within our hobby re: Fraser Kittson from Sturgeon Falls area.

Sorry to hear this. Glad to hear that there's still trusting people like you out there though.

Since you know his number, do a reverse phone number look up on whitepages.ca. Once armed with his address it should be pretty easy for you and a couple of buddies to go get your plane back.

You could file a police report, but that probably won't get you instant results.:neutral:

If you have any buddies that used to be in the military you could ask them for some favors too. One of the guys that I used to work with had friends in the military police and they could find ANYBODY.
g.p. is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:13 AM   #4
Flyboy76
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX12
# of RCs: 27

Total Props: 4

While it certainly is refreshing to see people like yourself that are trusting that way still in the hobby it saddens me that there are so many people out there willing to take advantage of someone's trusting nature. I work in the ag industry selling chemical fertilizer and seed and it used to be that you could deal with a handshake and were talking 50K and plenty more on the bill, but nowadays i can get fired for selling to someone that either doesn't pay cash/credit card, or set up an approved line of credit with us. There are just to many people out there that have no conscience and will screw you over if given the chance. One of my older customers would always get offended or in the least give me a hard time when i would ask him to pay for the goods he picked up each time he came in. Then this spring he came in and filled out a credit application without an explanation, so i asked him why the change in views. He said that he now understood where i was coming from. It seems he sold a piece of machinery to a guy not from our area, the guy gave him a check and of course it bounced and it took my guy over 6 months to get paid. It still sucks because I know that this customer would sooner lose an arm or leg than not pay a bill but you have to treat him like he could be one of the rotten ones. Such is life in our day and age i guess

Hope things work out for you.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
b0r3d
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Patrick
Radio of choice:
DX8 & DX3C
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 7

if you have his phone number have you attempted as stupid as this sounds im sure you have but a reverse phone lookup?.

It is still a theft, even if it is a cell phone you can find out the carrier and general location the cellphone resides pass that information to their local PD and go from there as well.

My Cars & Trucks
Ken Block WR8 Flux

My Most Wanted
Goblin 500 & 700 | Compass 7HV | T-Rex 550 | Extra 260
b0r3d is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:30 PM   #6

Total Props: 57

Note to Jason:

This is most annoying before we know it the General RC Forum is going to be nothing but a hall of flame for those who have made poor decisions about who and who not to trust. There is a new thread that has nothing to do with anyone on RCC or anything advertised for sale on this site. https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=78547

So now when you make a bad deal, make an error in judgment and place your trust in someone you perhaps should not come to RCC and whine about it?????? Come on we are supposed to be a bit adult here think about what you are doing. Does a retailer let you walk out of his store on a promise to pay sometime in the future?

Now like a bunch of little kids in the playground you’re going to trash this guy and I will bet most of you don’t even know him much less know both sides of the story. Please people you need to reach down deep and retrieve some of your maturity.

Dennis Pratt
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #7
g.p.
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Greg P

Total Props: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propworn View Post
Note to Jason:

This is most annoying before we know it the General RC Forum is going to be nothing but a hall of flame for those who have made poor decisions about who and who not to trust. There is a new thread that has nothing to do with anyone on RCC or anything advertised for sale on this site. https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=78547

So now when you make a bad deal, make an error in judgment and place your trust in someone you perhaps should not come to RCC and whine about it?????? Come on we are supposed to be a bit adult here think about what you are doing. Does a retailer let you walk out of his store on a promise to pay sometime in the future?

Now like a bunch of little kids in the playground you’re going to trash this guy and I will bet most of you don’t even know him much less know both sides of the story. Please people you need to reach down deep and retrieve some of your maturity.

Dennis Pratt
The rest of us were trying to be helpful and supportive. Perhaps you could try doing the same or just move along.

Why is everyone on this site just here to pick on each other nowadays?
g.p. is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:05 PM   #8
b0r3d
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Patrick
Radio of choice:
DX8 & DX3C
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 7

hmm no ones trashing anybody. Someone reaching out for some help if anyone has delt with this guy. I see nothing wrong with that. This hobby is like a small community nobody plans to "bash" someone we don't even know.

My Cars & Trucks
Ken Block WR8 Flux

My Most Wanted
Goblin 500 & 700 | Compass 7HV | T-Rex 550 | Extra 260
b0r3d is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:29 PM   #9
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Do you ever stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propworn View Post
Note to Jason:

Dennis Pratt
Old 08-27-2008, 07:31 PM   #10
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Garry I would just call the police and get it on paper

He might screw one person..better not he able to do it again right

And hopefully you got it in writing he owed u the money when he took the plane to.. that would be great if you did that

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPTAN KAOS View Post
Not sure where to post this but if anyone reading this can help, it would be appreciated.

About a month ago, I sold Fraser Kittson (from Sturgeon Falls area) a Bud Nosen P51 with engine, all servos and Likes retracts for an insanly low price of $300. And to top it off, (the nice guy that I am) I let him take the plane with the promise that he would pay me later. I know, I am a fool or just a too nice of a guy. Well it went on for a while, then he tried the "didn't you recieve the money that I sent" and now he will not answer my calls or he will hang up when he hears me on the line.

I was way too nice to this guy. First giving him such a good price, then trusting him to pay me for it later.

If anyone knows him and could help me get paid, it would be appreciated. If not, at least this post will let others know what kind of guy he is and may avoid the same thing I have gone through.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in