Why Do you Love RC'ing? - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 12:21 PM   #21
imported_MT2_18SS

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
for me it's all about the sites and sounds of nitro. first RC I picked up (which is still here btw) is my MT2 in my sig don't get me wrong played with electrics too but nitro just turns my crank more. people are always asking where did you get that? how much was it? etc. one guy who was kinda iffy on buying a radioshack RC that cost $150 saw that better stuff could be had used for the price of about 1.5-2 of the cheap ones. low and behold 1 week later he shows back up at the park I was at and whips out a very very clean hyper 7. I helped him tune it a bit (was still running the break in settings even though all things he was told were broken in already) once that was settled we went at it for more than 2 hours. just back and forth drag racing then set up a course with cones on the outfield of a baseball diamond and it was all on. I ended up winning due to my 4wd but I'm sure if we had been on dirt it would have been much much closer

and that is to me why i love RC
imported_MT2_18SS is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:30 PM   #22
imported_gremlin_390
RCC Expert Contributor

Total Props: 0
i love RC because i cant afford insurance on my own 1:1 car at this time. and even if, i would want to go fast and you cant do that all over town in a real car for safety reasons. So i can go fast in video games right ? ya maybe, but the physics arent always correct and that angers me. And RC takes care of all of that stuff !!!
-Costs less then a real car
-Go as fast as you want with a severely reduced safety risk
-Real physics of driving
-Gain mechanical skills
then theres the other stuff that came along as an unintentional bonus...
-meet RCers that i can have fun with
-learn from the veterans and teaching the new
-knowing that im in a hobby that not a majority of the public even knows about.

RC is awesome, and i dread the day that i have to put it aside (ie, starting a family).
imported_gremlin_390 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in