calone76
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: calone76
Radio of choice:
JR XP9303 w/many modules
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
Exclamation saving money for what ?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi guys,

Even if I saw lots and lots of discussions on other forums about that I'm gonna ask again:

E-Revo Brushless or Savage Flux!

I don't want to start a discussion about HPI vs. Traxxas! I need to know OWNERS opinions!

I have an e-Savage and I like it! The flux is with metal transmission and will be a beast but... e-Revo is more plastic, waterproof servos and 2.4 GHz!

I'll go with my future brushless truck on park (grass), parking lot (asphalt) and I want to learn some bashing! Also, on snow will be fun too!

I saw them both at my local hobby store but... still I'm undecided!

HELP ME!

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
Canuck Clod
RCC Noob

I am: Fabio G
# of RCs: 2

Re: saving money for what ?

I think if you like to bash then go with the flux. Truck is super power hungry and you need to run very good lipos (that can provide 150amp constant) on it to give it the juice it needs to run.

If you like to race more, then probably the e-revo as it will probably be a better track truck. Again, good lipos are required.

PS: I love e-savages too. I had one, sold it & now building a full GCM one.

RC Garage: HPI Savage Flux 2350 with mild mods & HPI Ken Block WR8 Flux Ford Fiesta
Canuck Clod is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
waylander
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
JR 12X/DX3R
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50

Based on what you said I'd go ERBE. The Flux does not run well on asphalt at all. You'll spend more time on the roof than the tires.

BTW, I do have both and like both but the erevo gets run more just because it's more stable. the flux is brought out when I need the ground clearance. For the winter the flux will probably see more action.
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
RAMJET
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: ....Roger ..........
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX 20 & DX 18 stealth
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 237

I don't know mutch about electric but me and the boys run the nitro versions on a track in my back yard .and the revos spend most of there time in pieces,I have a genisis/lst2/2 savage 4.6/and a few buggies/none of them fall apart like the revo stuff ,one flip over and the motor broke off completely cant keep them cheap plastic u joints in them ,plastic exhaust melted off, (nightmare)poor Shane I don't think he has finnished a race yet in three years LOL.the electric version may work better , it could be that he just keeps getting in the way and get's run over,this is a fast track and the trucks can top out for a while ,it also has a fullspeed banked corner ,blooned tires for half the lap,gets pretty crazy out there ,but in any event it's always broken ,there is a up side to his story he gets to drink more beer LOL.Roger
Old 01-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
lil joe
RCC Contributor

I think it comes down to the way you drive also, I also have a Savage X 4.6 and a Revo with a Picco .26 Reddot and they can both take a beating. I have broke a couple more parts on the Revo,front axles mostly, but this is due to too much power. The Savage comes out when I am just jumping because asphalt or high speed running just isn't for the Savage. I think the Revo is the best all round racer/basher.
lil joe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:45 AM   #6
bigfoot3387
RCC Noob

I am: harold

i think the savage is the way to go yea the revo is quicker than the savage i have had a savage for about 3 to 4 years same motor same every thing i have never broke a part i have wore them completely out you can get grate on track speed as well just have to set it up run trugy tiers lower it i run pieces of fuel tubing in my shocks on the shaft to keep body roll down you really doubt need hop ups because in a race setting i would prefer to replace a plastic piece than with the more expensive aluminum o aluminum clutch shoes a must on nitro or el
bigfoot3387 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in