CSM 360 Gyro Issues - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
shuttlez
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Mike R
Radio of choice:
DX-7

Total Props: 0
CSM 360 Gyro Issues

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello,

I have a CSM 360 gyro I am using with my 8103 TX. My problem is the Tail Rudder wants to keep kicking side to side without any input. I have tried to adjust it on the TX and it wont fix it. Should I go back to the Gyro and adjust the gain directly on it then back to the TX.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
shuttlez is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #2
JimMcIntyre
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
JR/Spectrum
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
I used to have one of these and had the same issue.
I recall there were several parameters you could adjust and wound up bringing my laptop to the field to play with them. If I recall the interface used an rs232 serial connection... I also recall reducing the gain was the primary solution.
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #3
shuttlez
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX-7

thanks I might try that. what about just reducing the gain on the gyro then fine tuning it with my TX?

Old 07-19-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
G-copterbous-funk
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: John Appleseed

The rubber mounting inside the gyro box may be messed up. You could fix this up with foam mounting tape. Remote gain is only in effect when the extra channel is plugged in. To use the manual gain you will need to unplug the aux channel. The default values are good enough to prevent what is happening to you. You could check at home on your PC provided you have the CSM cable and software. If you did not change the values they should be OK. You may need an 'old tin can computer' to run the software, not sure.

Manuals & software=

http://www.rcmodels.org/csm/icg360_gyro.htm

Stephen
G-copterbous-funk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #5

Total Props: 57
Did you mechanicaly set it in NORM mode?

I used to have one of them they were OK. but the Drift in HH mode was a pain expecialy in temp changes and in Northern Alberta it gets extream.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
shuttlez
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX-7

Thanks, yeah I have the Aux channel unpluged so I will try the manual gain. I dont have the computer cable for the gyro so I dont think I can do that, Unless I can find a cable.
By mechanically set it up do you mean adjusting the servo arms and the tail rotor? the servo was centered when I initally put it in.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:43 AM   #7
G-copterbous-funk
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: John Appleseed

To trim the 360 for no yaw in normal (non-hh standard mode) you use the linkage with no subtrim. Subtrim is zero in both normal and hh mode. Make the aft belcrank 90 with the servo arm 90 to start with centered servo no subtrim. If it yaws in the hover in normal mode (default with aux channel unplugged) then the control rod length needs to be physically adjusted to a no yaw condition. Check for no bind at full throw each way and reduce or lengthen the servo arm as required. 18-20mm servo arm length is about what you will need as a guess.You won't get full throw in both directions as one end or direction will bind before the other. Been a while since I set one up but that's about it. Start with the gain pot in the middle and adjust up or down as presence of tail wag may indicate.

Stephen
G-copterbous-funk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:55 AM   #8
shuttlez
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX-7

Thanks for the helpful Hints I will try these and see what happens. when the weather gets better
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in