phoenix simulator - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
tom0187rc
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Tom P
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 0
phoenix simulator

Hello
I just received my new simulator, with spektrum dx5e and when I connect the usb cable to computer it says connect your transmitter to continue. When I connect the transmitter to computer the computer beeps, when I unplug the usb the picture changes in the warning box from the picture of the transmitter to the usb interface cable picture. the simulator is seeing me plug and unplug the usb.
I believe the spektrum dx5e is defective, the right green led lights on the spektrum when I plug the interface into the transmitter when the transmitter is off so transmitter is seen the interface cable. when I turn the transmitter on with adapter cable attached it beeps and green led stays on. Then when I plug it into the computer it beeps also. the first time I plugged it into the computer told me found new hardware and its working
Note there is no instruction at all for this simulator other then on screen.
Did anyone else have a problems with the phoenix like this, thanks for any suggestions
Tom
tom0187rc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
tom0187rc
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Tom P
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 0
Re: phoenix simulator, the fix from Phoenix

Hi Tom

We are sorry that you are having this problem.

Included in your simulator box along with your Phoenix USB interface, DVD and transmitter unit, you should also find a small extra connector unit.

This unit should be connected to the end of your Phoenix USB interface.

You should then insert the USB interface and connector firmly into the training port of your DX5e transmitter, with the transmitter switched OFF.

The transmitter should then “power on” automatically, and Phoenix should now recognise that the transmitter is connected.

If your transmitter does not automatically “power on” when you do the above, please make sure that you have installed the batteries which came with your Phoenix package into the DX5e, and that they are fully charged.

If you have followed the above instructions carefully, and are still experiencing the same issue, please contact Horizon Hobby technical support at the following address:

www.horizonhobby.com/support
tom0187rc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
Nev
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Nev

Total Props: 3
Re: phoenix simulator

Only the Dx5e radio. It requires a Stereo to Mono adapter with a narrow stereo end so it can reach all the way into the TX jack. For some reason the radios jack was mounted deeper than most. A regular adapter will not work as its stereo end casing is not thin enough.....here you go for those of you that have this issue and did not get your Phoenix with TX (which includes the adapter) here is the ideal adapter....

http://www.ekmpowershop4.com/ekmps/s...aptor-11-p.asp

Enjoy our new sim, Phoenix is fantastic !
Nev is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in