126" Carden Extra 300 - BBT - Build Thread - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #11
TBrum
BBT
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Trevor B
Radio of choice:
Jeti
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 62
Re: 126" Carden Extra 300 - BBT - Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbwater View Post
With the realism of the rest of Patti it still kills me that she has no arms to fly the plane with!!

But a question on a more serious matter: I know that Trevor is an officianado of covering cowels with Ultracote or similar as opposed to painting. Can you tell me how you manage to get it smooth over the compound curves such as around the air intakes? I tried on a recent repaired cowel & it worked OK over the open top & bottom areas but was pretty bad in the reverse curves around the intakes.

As a supplementary to Tyler P. can you tell me how you finished the cowel on your Stevens A Edge 540 which is what I am starting constructing.

Thx

RB
About Patty, With all the "detail", I never noticed that she didn't have arms!! It's like an optical illusion!!

With regards to the covering, the only way I was able to cover Jim Daly's Yak and my Extra 330 Patty is because the front of the cowl (around the compound and reverse curves) are checkers which allowed me to work with a 2" by 2" square at a time. Without that feature, it would be very tough.

On my recent 40% Ferrari Edge and this plane of Wingburner's, the scheme doesn't allow for checkers so I have done/will do the normal automotive paint routine!

Cheers

Trev

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in