E.P.R.O.T. 2k6 Meet #1 - 2pm April 1st- Complete Info - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
crUshed420
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
E.P.R.O.T. 2k6 Meet #1 - 2pm April 1st- Complete Info

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Where - Ramsden Park (Rosedale Subway Stop)
When - 2:00pm Saturday April 1st 2k6

We will meet at 2pm near the baseball diamond at the East end of Ramsden Park (just west of Yonge St.) The map below shows #1) Where you exit the subway and #2) where the baseball diamond is.

Please try to arrive no later than 2pm - by 2:15 we will have moved away from the baseball diamond and will be setting up a course, so if you're a little late just look for us somewhere in the park. Bashing and practice racing will take place for the first while, and we hope to start the final races by 3:30pm.

What to bring:

RC Vehicle & Radio Equipment
FREQUENCY FLAG ATTACHED TO RADIO
Extra Frequency Crystals
Pit Box (tools, spare parts, etc)
Fully charged batteries
Charger(s)
Sunscreeen
Water & Snacks

It is very important to remember to bring water or other hydrating liquids. Also, be sure to bring your chargers as some of us will be bringing cars or powerbox's capable of charging batteries.

It is MANDATORY to display your frequency/channel flag on your radio - if you lost your original simply use paper and a magic marker and tape it onto your radio antenna. For those sharing frequencies, we will do our best to accomodate. We will run multiple elimination heats, and if it turns out two people with the same frequencies need to race hopefully we can swap crystals temporarily to facilitate the race.

Any questions, ask away! And weather permitting, see everyone on the 1st of April!

(If we get rained out, we will simply push the meet back one week to April 8th)
crUshed420 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
crUshed420
RCC Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crUshed420
If we get rained out, we will simply push the meet back one week to April 8th)
You know how the weatherman always seems to be wrong? Well since that's the case, it looks like we'll have good weather next Saturday judging by theweathernetwork.com's long term forcast :/
Old 03-31-2006, 08:04 AM   #3
crUshed420
RCC Contributor

It's still calling for rain Saturday - so let's start planning backup options.

Sunday is being predicted as the much nicer day this weekend - High of 13 degrees, Sunny with cloudy periods, and only a 20 percent chance of rain.

We COULD push the meet back one week to April 8th, however there's no guarantee next weekend will be nice weather either - so should we try for Sunday instead and take advantage of the nice days when we get them?

Who knows, Sunday could be a washout too - but that's April weather for ya.

Let's hear some feedback - for those planning on attending, should we aim for Sunday instead, or push it to Saturday April the 8th?

Old 03-31-2006, 08:59 AM   #4
bronstet

Let's plan to meet Sunday!!!!

I've been waiting weeks for this, and next weekend is no good for me.

Let's hope Sunday is sunny and meet at the same place and same time... 2pm Sunday at the ball diamond!
bronstet is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:50 PM   #5
crUshed420
RCC Contributor

After talking to a couple guys I know are attending, we've decided to stick with Saturday at 2pm.

The forecast as of right now is calling for 30 percent chance of rain in the afternoon, so hopefully it'll be dry enough and stay dry enough for us to have a bit of fun tomorrow afternoon.

If it's too wet, we'll try again next weekend!
Old 03-31-2006, 09:56 PM   #6
gremek
RCC Senior Contributor

It's gonna be a muddy one!
Durango DEX410
gremek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:19 AM   #7
crUshed420
RCC Contributor

Weather forcast for this afternoon:

Cloudy with sunny breaks
30 % chance of precipitation
High of 13 degrees celcius

The park is dry currently - so providing the rain stays away it looks like we'll have a good meet today!
Old 04-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #8
crUshed420
RCC Contributor

Well, Mother Nature must be on our side! Although it looked gloomy all day long, the rain held off and the first E.P.R.O.T. meet of the season went off without a hitch!

The weather likely kept some home, but a few of us were brave enough to show up... here are some pictures of the races.

Congrats go to the following 3 top finishers:

1st place:
Driver - knahs
Vehicle - Evader ST PRO
3 Points Received

2nd place:
Driver - aweisz
Vehicle - Mini LST
2 Points Received

3rd place:
Driver - r081n
Vehicle - Evader ST
1 Point Received

I'll let the grand marshall referee Bronstet explain his tie-bo moves... we're still not sure what that was all about.

The next meet will be planned shortly - we'll aim for near the end of April.

Leaderboard will be posted after the 2nd meet where point tallys will be shown.

Thanks for the races, see ya next meet!
Old 04-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #9
bronstet

|4:20| E.p.r.o.t. Report

Okay, first thing's first you dweeb, it's a BO STAFF, not a tie-bo. Clearly the nickname crUshed refers to your brain's current state of health.

Four of us met at the park. From there we went to the baseball diamond. By 2PM, we weren't sure anyone else would show up. At the ball diamond, we noticed a group of martial artists practicing with their bo staffs, something I used to do frequently in martial arts.

Then, K3V1N showed up with what we presume was his father to observe. He chose not to bring his R/C because he was scoping us out making sure we weren't an R/C'napping ring looking to set up some marks by rolling them over in the park and stealing their R/C from them.

We then moseyed on over to the biggest flat area of the park where yours truly, the grand master N@rc, set up the pylons. I also found a heavy branch that I used to practice some bo strikes of my own. It also served as the flag for starting off the races.

crUshed easily won the first race with his oversized Traxxas Stampede (You think he's compensating for something with his size obssession?) but then disaster struck. His Stampede wouldn't run for the second race. He worried that it was the spur gear but it turned out to be a rear wheel nut that came off.

Before the second heat, we were joined by Ari with his Team Losi 1/18th mini-LST. Now, this was unusual because we were racing 1/10th R/C's, but he did a good job of keeping up.

In the second heat, mUnchies won followed by R081N followed by Ari. R081n was thrilled that with crUshed's withdrawal, he was guaranteed a ribbon and it looked as if it would now be second place...

... but too bad for him he engaged in poor battery management!!! In the third and fourth heats RO81N was running on little battery power, barely making it up the hill. He fell to third as the mini-LST managed to keep enough power to take the next races and wind up with second place overall.

A special note of thanks to DW, our designated cameraperson for bringing the digital camera and capturing pictures of the grand marshall showing off the winning cars, whipping the branch around the air in a spectacular martial arts display (I'll ignore her sloppy technique comment), and the race in motion. TSN will soon be knocking on her door looking for a cameraperson.
bronstet is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:31 PM   #10
imported_k1e1v1i1n
RCC Pro Contributor

u got my name wrong , but thats ok this time . everyone i have to let u know these guys r a great bunch . so much fun even though i wasnt running . i will next time for sure . even my dad had a blast . everyone needs to come out and check this out . even if u only have a mini . this is the best kind of racing out there that i have seen . everyone had a great time and if i was going to point out any probs is that it was too short . i would have liked to see some more mini vs 1/10 action . these were not races for the pros or ppl who race every week this is for the ppl who want to have fun and laugh just as hard if they come in first as last . if there was ever a reason to buy a electric this is it . thx guys for doing this i will bring as many ppl as i can next time , my dad might even show up again .
imported_k1e1v1i1n is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in