A Good Buggy??????? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
Warheadman

Total Props: 0
A Good Buggy???????

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
What would be a good buggy to buy and that does not cost to much. Let me know what you think?????
Warheadman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ashton P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warheadman View Post
What would be a good buggy to buy and that does not cost to much. Let me know what you think?????
Check out my GS cl-1's: http://www.offroadrc.ca/showthread.php?t=21819.

For the price i am asking for this is a steal! all you need is electronics and a muffler.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:52 PM   #3
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ashton P

response

GS has has cl-1's rtr for $329 us @ amainhobbies.com but are on back order. The ones i have a kit versions which means they are stronger and better quality! usually, when people get 1/8th buggies, they take out the electronics and put there own. The stock electronics suck (except maybe the tx/rx).
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
Warheadman

what about

what about the 9.5 violator by ofna is the .32 a good engine????
Old 10-28-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jeff F

If you are just bashing then it doesn't really matter what you get. Just get one that you can get parts for. Violator is fine, .32 is a halfway to decient engine.. lol. Not bad but not great from my understanding.

If you are thinking about racing it some then look to the Ofna Ultra LX One. It's a wicked buggy for the price - simply the best deal on the market IMHO.

If you want to go a little bit more the Storm mentioned above isn't a bad choice, I've head good things about them always. If you really want to race go Mugen 5R, Jammin X1CR, Kyosho 777 WC (hardest to get parts for up here) or something like that. I'm not a huge fan of the Thunder Tiger. XRay takes lots of setup knowledge I don't recommend that for a track with jumps and ruts.. lol. Losi 8ight needs lots of maintenance on it...
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:48 PM   #6
PeanutButterJellyTime
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
Kyosho 777 WC (hardest to get parts for up here) or something like that
Hardest to get parts for????? Maybe years ago, but now parts are all over! Go to www.infernosonly.com, Trevor is a local in the area and can hook you up pronto with parts

Other than that Stalker is pretty accurate with what he said. Decide what level of competition you want (bashing, club racing or all out racing) then get what you like and can get parts for. (IMO it's not worth having if you hate the one you got so get one you like) All the recent pro level buggies will do whatever you need on a track

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:59 PM   #7
Warheadman

lx one

so the lx one would be good im using it to race but not all out racing and the . 28 is a good engine????
Old 10-28-2007, 05:55 PM   #8
Stranix
RCC Junior Contributor

i have an ultra lx comp , very poor durability for any serious racing.
I will be posting it for sale as a roller for $50 dollars. I have post for a hyper seven pcr pro, with a full spares package, now that i found to be very reliable. Better handling too.

Sideways and on the gas .
Team RHS
Stranix is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:07 PM   #9
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jeff F

PBJ, I went looking for parts for my 777 @ all the local shops I knew of other than John's and Advanced and I couldn't even find a set of front knuckles. But if they are available then that's awesome! I sold it though so for Phil that's awesome! LOL

The Ultra One is a very different buggy from the Ultra Comp. I think that there were 3 different versions of the Ultra Comp too.. each one got a little better though. The Ultra One has the same shocks as the Jammin X1 on it plus better towers and more. The engine isn't bad from what I've seen. It won't set any land speed records (but that's actually good for racing) but it does seem like a very good motor to start out with.
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:46 PM   #10
ROGatJOHNS
RCC Contributor

The Kyosho 'Inferno U.S Sports' buggy is an excellent choice and has the potential to compete with the best. As your driving skills improve you can drop in mods that improve the buggy so that you are not as likely to 'outgrow' this buggies' performance. The FM programmable Airtronics radio is a keeper...and as far as parts are concerned just check the KYOSHO AMERICA web site for a dealer near you. All KYOSHO America authorised dealers are listed there...both in USA and Canada.
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com

Rare R/C Parts
www.hobbyplex.com

Give your vehicle the ULTIMATE RACING edge!
www.ultimateracing.ca
ROGatJOHNS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in