AM frequencies - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 05:51 PM   #1
FP Mech

Total Props: 0
AM frequencies

Would it be possible for those who are have AM radios to post thier frequencies (if more than one) here.
Last week at King there were three of us on the same frequency and nobody had any different crystals. Had I known there was going to be that big a conflict beforehand I may have been able to do something about it.
It would be great if you all post so we can all run at the same time.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:54 PM   #2
Skagen
Super Moderator

★ Moderator ★

I am: John
Radio of choice:
Airtronics
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 7
I am on Chanel 5, 27.195 MGHZ.
but when i get more fuel on tueday i will be picking up anouther set of them.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:48 PM   #3

Total Props: 57
Im on channle 75, which is 75.690mhz
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:35 AM   #4
ayk_driver
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

im on A4
Old 07-18-2004, 09:14 AM   #5
imported_MaddMaxx

Just my two cents and I have to admit that I have a FM and carry an extra cyrstal set but I thought the general rule when one starts to RC at large public events that it is common to carry at least one extra cyrstal if not two. I bought my extra set from RC Boyz on-line for $10.00 US.

What is the use of spending $100's if not $1000's on your truck or buggy to find out that 3 if not more other R/Cer's have the same freq. just because we where to frugal to spend afew bucks on a set of crystal and have to wait 3 if not more people to wait there turn.

Last week I got to the track at 6pm to find out that someone else was using #72 but no one was using #85 which was my extra cyrstal.

Just my cents.
imported_MaddMaxx is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:08 AM   #6
Offroadfreak

I'm on channel 89 on 75
Offroadfreak is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:12 AM   #7

any 27mhz freq for me
Old 07-18-2004, 11:06 AM   #8
FP Mech

Maddmaxx, I agree with you, so I hve at least 3 different sets of crystals with me most of the time. My luck was those were only 3 in the 27 mhz set that were being used that night.
I just don't know what to do because I don't want to be investing in more crystals (only three more sets) now when I want to be getting a synthisized (spelling?) radio this later summer.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:18 PM   #9

Well.....
This is why we have a freq board at the track. Guys just have to be diligent at lisitng there freq's that they are using and use the board. The size of the turn out has got to the point that there will have to be consequences for people who fail to use radio etiquette at the the track.

Something that should be addressed at the next drivers meeting at the track
Old 07-18-2004, 02:19 PM   #10
imported_MaddMaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozy
Well.....
This is why we have a freq board at the track. Guys just have to be diligent at lisitng there freq's that they are using and use the board. The size of the turn out has got to the point that there will have to be consequences for people who fail to use radio etiquette at the the track.

Something that should be addressed at the next drivers meeting at the track
I agree. When I switched to my other cyrstal a half hour later another RCer showed up with the same freq as I was using and we just shared. Now this is just the way I am but I'm not greedy or selfish and wanting to run my buggy all night long for every minute possible but the other RCer and me just shared and took turns after a tank or so. I have to admit that I was at the track for more then just running my buggy, I did have my camcorder there to video tape too.

I don't think Mac is there to baby sit us and that the track is there as a prevelage (spell check) not a right and I don't think for profit either. I can only hope that this current group of RCers that attend King RC park can be mature enough young or old to share track time when using same freq.

This is a great site and I hope that this forum WILL NOT become a place where we start flaming other RCer's for selfish behaviour.

Lets just have fun.

My 2 cents.
imported_MaddMaxx is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in