What's the best way to pull out the glow plug element? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 06:57 AM   #11
propnut

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I think he a closet kerosene sniffer...
propnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:59 AM   #12
adaptabl
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dave D

Total Props: 1
Re: plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_MAN
Hey adaptable

Instead of pulling my hair out I use a glow plug

If the element is pulled out the turbine will ignite the propane more consistently.

You know for an electric kind of guy you sure ask a lot of turbine questions. Is there something we need to know?

Peter d
Neat idea. Now why doesn't a manufacturer produce a turbine glow plug with the element already in that position?

Oh I bet they do, but they cost 5x as much as regular plugs. Now I get the thin in the wallet part. I guess my skull is not not as thick as I thought(maybe).

Who knows whats down the line. I do think there are some EDF jets comming up that look very interesting. I already started to soften up the wife to the idea of some expensive purchases and she didn't give me a hard time. I think I'm O.K. as long as I don't ask her to get a second job for my plane purchases.
adaptabl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #13
Myzee
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Myles Jarvis
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 8
GP

So far i've had success with just using a pin or something else that is smooth so as to not knick the element. Never tried the annealing process but I'm pretty sure that would help.
Peter, is this what you think may have been happening at BOQ?
Myles
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in