Engines Discuss engines

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
rc.dude
RCC Apprentice

I am: Scott N

Total Props: 0
Remove Satio bearing

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have Satio 100 does any body know how to remove the middle bearing thanks for your help rc.dude
rc.dude is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #2
JetCrazy
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Steven P
Radio of choice:
JR XG14
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2
Re: Remove Satio bearing

I just did the same thing to my saito 100. Heat the case in the oven or with a propane torch and tap it on a piece of wood or other material that won't scratch the metal case. The bearing should fall out. If using a torch be sure to move the heat around to try and get a uniform heating. This will prevent you from deforming the case.

JetCrazy
JetCrazy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:59 PM   #3
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9

Just to add to the previous post. You probably know this, but its best to disassemble the engine as much as possible first before trying to get out the bearing using heat.

You do not need much heat to accomplish this. As has been said, just carefully heat around the out side of the case at the location of the bearing. Wear a good thick leather glove and pick up the case and give it a good solid smack as flat as possible on a piece of wood.

Just as another suggestion, if your replacing the rear bearing, it would be a good idea to at least take out the front bearing, check it out to make sure its ok. For a few dollars more why not replace both at the same time?

Before installing the new rear bearing, take off the seals on both sides of the new bearing to allow for better lubrication. They come off easily using an Xacto knive. IF installing a new front bearing, only take off the seal that will be to the inside of the crank case. Give the bearing(s) a good shot of oil before installing them.

YOU DO NOT have to heat the crank case to install the new bearings.

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Last edited by Gary Maker; 07-15-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:29 AM   #4
Ken Currell

I am: Ken Currell
Radio of choice:
Multiplex Royal Evo
# of RCs: 30+

When installing new bearings install them using the outer race to press them home inside a case. If you press them in using the inner race you can damage the bearing.

When pressing a bearing on a shaft use the inner race.

Usually a bearing will slide into place on one of the 2 surfaces it is installed against. Normally it will slide on easily on the steel shaft and be lightly pressed into the aluminum housing.

If you remove a bearing with a puller you can also damage the race.

Spend the extra money and replace them all.
Ken Currell is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #5
Paulchee
RCC Apprentice

Thumbs up Re: Remove Satio bearing

I use a heat gun used to strip old paint. Worked great! both bearing fell out of case. Put new bearing in freezer for about 15 min while heating engine case up. Bearing will install easy this way. I put engine in freezer too cool down. Done!!
Paulchee is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in