Trex 550E V1 Questions - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Helis Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for electric helicopters.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:36 AM   #11
mikekimc
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: MikeC
Radio of choice:
RCA

Total Props: 41
Re: Trex 550E V1 Questions

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I've own and flown the First release Trex 550 ... it was a great bird ... lots of power to do anything you pleased! It will be a great heli for you to learn with John ... no need to worry!

Cheers
Mike
mikekimc is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #12
Keyrigger
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Don I.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum iX-20 and iX-12

Total Props: 46
Re: Trex 550E V1 Questions

I flew a second version 550 for a while with the 600MX motor that came with it. I bought a second 550V2 and put it into my Jet Ranger. I have an MX motor in the box should you really need to change but you won't need to. I also have both 70A ESC's that came with them as I change to logging ESC's for the final installation. There is more than enough power for every 3D move in the books and your most important thing will be getting used to a larger heli and the reaction time it has compared to your MCPx and the simulator. The BEC is a very good idea but you don't need to spend big bucks on that. I used an Align 6A BEC that was more than enough to keep the servos and radio live and well. It is still in my Jet Ranger and there is no need to put something like a CC BEC Pro in it (those are in my other larger and heavier helicopters). I fly out of the Burlington RC Modelers and if you are really stuck, I can get you through any issue with that helicopter in person as it is really hard to do online. The weather is getting rather nasty these days but there may be the odd nice one available. Hope this helps.

Don
Keyrigger is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in