chuebner
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Curt H
Radio of choice:
Hitec

Total Props: 94
Irvine Q72

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Does anyone have a manual or know where I can aquire one for this Irvine Q72?

This engine used to be in my Tango and ran great. I dismembered that airframe (pan caked it, the engine never did contact the ground), so I put the engine in my Funtana 40. I am having a bit of trouble getting this one to run consistantly. It runs fine on my test stand but once in the air, it runs good for 2-3 minutes and then starts to loose throttle response and will eventually quit. The tank height is fine, all lines and clunk are good, changed plugs but still acts the same.

I have tried differant props....13x6 to 14x4 and no differance, 5% Coolpwer, and the only differance that I can see from the Tango to the Funtana is in the Tango the engine was mounted vertcally (horizontal in the Funtana) and the Tango was not cowled (Funtana is).

Could this be a matter of it just not getting enough airflow for cooling and is heating up to much?

I fly Hitec, why...... because I wanna!!

Forum Rules Link
https://www.rccanada.ca/site-rules.pdf
chuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
kip51035
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 18
Re: Irvine Q72

Sounds like a cooling problem. First of all the outlet must be 40% bigger than the inlet. Baffle the cowling so the cooling air has to go through the fins, i found that close is good enough. Make sure the air is directed to the head not the crankcase. In a couple of cases I cut a hole in the cowl in front of the head and glued some window screen in it than painted it. Make sure that the airflow is such that the entire head and cylinder gets the same amount of cooling air.

"If my being here has made your day a little more pleasant then I have done my job" Red Skelton 1913 - 1997 (famous Comedian)
kip51035 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in