Sandro Novelli -Kills Arrow Project - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
Mike Emilio
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
Sandro Novelli -Kills Arrow Project

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Time to let off some steam, , , politely of course

Sandro

1). Without telling either Brad or myself, you invited Chuck Storrie unexpectedly to my place.
I had no idea who he was when he came knocking on my door.
And of all times, , , on the same evening that Bob was filming.
You placed me in a very awkward position with a total stranger.

(No offence intended to you Chuck, I’m sure you were not totally aware what was going on)

2). You got the first parts made, fuselage, wings, and fin. You were asked 3-4 times to show some progress. You did not keep your promise, of keeping others informed by showing your progress here on RCC. With so little time left, Brad is now trying his best to do something, and there’s no time left for me to even start one for myself. To help out Brad, I have to now start making extra parts that were passed to you. Brad also has to start from scratch on some areas that we depended on you for. He's lucky if he can get maybe one day a week at it.

3) Each time you visited, you left with something, be-it parts, templates, or even drawings. You were collecting.

4). You started telling me that you wanted to keep everything a secret.
The result of secrecy obviously means you don’t want to help out, or a secret agenda of having the only flying model in Canada.

5). Your putting me in a second awkward position that involves others.

6). I’ve seen you reading the threads, so there’s no excuse that you didn’t read my requests and make a post showing any progress.

7). I’ve now become aware that you have done next to nothing, perceived as the reason you are not showing any progress.

8. I've also recently become aware that you are deliberatly not making a post showing any work, even if you do have anything done.

You have single handed put a lot of planning at risk, and played us for fools.
Laugh and joke all you want Sandro, but your not going unscathed.
I’ve talked to others, and a decision has been made.

Remember the agreement you signed prior to delivery about 9-Feb-2009, , , ,
- You were given your one and only chance to bail-out with a full refund. All funds are now forfeit.
- You were explicitly told not to screw around when others are involved.
- You have pretty much broken your word on everything.

I’m holding you to the spirit and intent of the signed agreement, and you will no longer be provided with any parts.

As you have ignored my requests, please don’t be surprised if I ignore you in return.

For Brad:
- I’m also asking Brad not to support you as well.

Have an otherwise good day.

Last edited by Mike Emilio; 08-22-2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: deleted images and added #8
Mike Emilio is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
DW_Crash
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dave K
Radio of choice:
Airtronics / Aristocraft-Polks
# of RCs: 25+

Total Props: 3
Re: Sandro - Arrow Project

Mike,

Now what happens?

Dave
Old 08-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
LuvEvolution7
RCC Contributor

I am: Rich H

Total Props: 2

it's too bad that there's always someone to mess up a perfectly good project. I've been following the thread over the last week or so. wish I could have gotten involved with this project from the start. it would have been an honour just to be involved. this is gonna be one awesome model when it's completed.
LuvEvolution7 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #4
snovell
RCC Contributor

I am: CPT BBD
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: TBD

Total Props: 1

Mike

With respect what are you talking about???

Boy you are a hard one to figure out????

My 8 year old nephew is reading this with me and and stating the issuess you have.

Anyways I will build the Arrow at my pace and attempt to make it work properly without trying to make it a military make work project. "IT IS A HOBBY"

Regards
S

Take OFFS are optional! Landings will happen in many different shapes and forms!
CANADA RC, RPM JETS
snovell is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
Mike Emilio
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW_Crash View Post
Mike,
Now what happens?
Dave
Don't know now.
Brad's trying to come to the rescue, but I really don't think there's any time left.

Sandro was a deciding factor during a conference call last year. He even wanted the fuselage quickly, so he would have enough time to work on it. It was now winter and pretty cold out. To get it to him as quick as he wanted it, I rented a heated, fully equiped indoor shop. Sandro even visited the shop on one occasion to check on progress, and everything met to his satisfaction.

This cost me a bunch of money from my own pocket, but with no excuses, I managed to get the first fuselage done and delivered to him on schedule about 9-Feb-2009.

To see him now post that he'll work on it at his own pace is a real kick in the pants, unless he's referring to being on his own.

I guess you can count this as #9 to the list above.

Last edited by Mike Emilio; 08-21-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #6
2thelmt
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: ID

Sounds like the group has been really let down...what a shame.

So who has the wing and fin templates?

Would be nice to hear from the others in this group to come out of the closet and speak up.

Sandro....what is your side of the story?

Ian
Old 08-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
Mike Emilio
RCC Pro Contributor

Realistically, materials, shop rental, etc, etc, it cost me just over $1,200. from my own pocket to get that first fuselage to Sandro, on a schedule that he was happy with, and I never asked for a dime!

Plan "B".
Last month, I spoke with Sammy. He has a very old ducted fan version. I was considering getting it from him, or if I funded it, how long would it take to get it going. Turns out that it needed alot of work.

Last edited by Mike Emilio; 08-21-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:24 PM   #8
snovell
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR

Hi Ian

I'll give Mike that the intention was to try to fly one this fall. Other more important obigations (with work and home) take precidence.

If you want to know why several other members backed away from the project just give them a PM you'll see why. I have tried to call Mike by phone and wants to play the part that he got no messages, (OH WELL SO BE IT) He wants to play the 10 year old game.

Mike If you have an issue then why don't you act like a mature person and call back. I have no problem in talking with you and amicably resolving any issues.

If you want to keep playing the "POST" game well then that is your choice. I made my attempt to resolve issues with you.

Regards
S

Take OFFS are optional! Landings will happen in many different shapes and forms!
CANADA RC, RPM JETS
Old 08-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #9
snovell
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR

Oh ya and just to let you know a quick scenerio.

There was a death in the family and on the way to the funeral home Mike calls

"DO YOU HAVE THE FORMERS MADE UP I NEED THEM FOR THE SHOOT"

I politley replied the circumstances and the reply was.

"OH I'M SORRY BUT I REALLY NEED THEM FORMERS BECAUSE I NEED THEM FOR THE SHOOT ON TUES"

Let me see what would I make priority

CANADA RC, RPM JETS
Old 08-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #10
Mike Emilio
RCC Pro Contributor

Just to let you know Sandro, , ,
Several??? What several???

There was only one guy that cancelled out. It was Peter Eicas and I never asked him why.
My appologies Peter for bringing up your name for the first time,

I can only say that it was about 2 days after you took it on your own accord to invite Chuck Storrie.
If there's a connection, I don't know, and never asked.

About the former templates, , , you were given adequate prior notice well inadvance about the shoot, so I'm not buying any excuse.
We couldn't use them anyways, because you wrote your FULL Name on each and every one,
in the biggest letters!, using a black marker on a white background! What a shocker!! It only took 2 seconds to figure out what you were up to.

After all these months of asking you to please post something, anything! you finally make some statement that you had other priorities.
I guess all those fun filled flying weekends at Wingham and such, were higher priorities as well then.

So after about 7 months, it comes out that you have done nothing!, , Man, , , are you ever busted.

Now I see why you moved into secret mode, and we only find out when it's just about too late to do anything. Smart move Sandro.

You were repeatedly asked to kindly post because it's what you agreed to do.

Posting was specifically stated in our agreement as a condition to getting the fuselage, clearly understood by you, and costing me alot of money because you wanted it quickly.

It was for open transparency for the other builders, also clearly stated in the agreement.
I offered you all your money back if you didn't want to do it.
I asked for little else.

Like I said, you have broken your word on just about everything.

Learn something, , you don't just change the rules mid-ship because it suits you, and you don't tell anyone.

Consider making friends with Sammy. He might show you how to make a tailcone.

Yes, I'll play the post game.
I take the wasted financial hit that you caused, while you walk away with only the small bruising of this thread! I figure for $1,200 bucks I bought my say, in letting your buddies know what you've done!

This is the last I'll respond to you.

Last edited by Mike Emilio; 08-22-2009 at 04:26 AM.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in