MAAC President Resigns - Page 18 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
MAAC Model Aeronautics Association of Canada discussion area.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #171
davidmc36
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX18 Stealth Taranis X9D+ DX3S
# of RCs: 1E

Total Props: 112
Re: MAAC President Resigns

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by heman37 View Post
transport canada is not going to ban rc planes on private land nor will it ban anywhere else, think about it, you go support MAAC if you wish though
They are already banned in certain areas:

602.45 No person shall fly a model aircraft or a kite or launch a model rocket or a rocket of a type used in a fireworks display into cloud or in a manner that is or is likely to be hazardous to aviation safety.

That's just one example.

And do you think the MAAC safety guideline about notifying a control tower if flying within 10km of an airport is something that MAAC dreamed up all on it's own? More probably it came about from consultation with TC. i have not specifically ran across it that I can remember but there may be a CAR anyway.

If aviation safety were quoted as a reason it might surprise where they could be banned.

We need MAAC and their dialogue/cooperation with TC to continue.

Please support MAAC and the current executive. Many people do not enjoy the privileges that we do. They will work out whatever caused the president to feel the need to resign.
Weather Station
davidmc36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #172
Tracar
RCC Apprentice

I am: Travis
Radio of choice:
ER9X
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 9

i'll feel better when my 4 year old notifies Namao base of his intent to operate a kite...

does MAAC jurisdiction fall under "Commonwealth" OR "Maritime" legislation ??
Tracar is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #173
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: MERVIN BURKINSHAW
Radio of choice:
HITEC
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 336

Many years ago a friend of mine in Ft.Saskatewan and his brothers built a hot air balloon out of string, tomato juice can & dry cleaner plastic bags. They filled the can with gas line antifreeze, filled the balloon with a hair dryer, lit the fluid & off she went. Up, up & off out of sight drifting with the wind.

Late in the afternoon the Military Police came for a visit, seems that they picked up the can on radar as it drifted across the Namao Air Base!

So - infringement on controlled airspace is not a new thing, is happens from time to time & I don't think one or two cases will cause any major changes in policy.

Last edited by OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK; 12-15-2012 at 10:06 PM.
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #174
Tracar
RCC Apprentice

I am: Travis
Radio of choice:
ER9X
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK View Post
Many years ago a friend of mine in Ft.Saskatewan and his brothers built a hot air balloon out of string, tomato juice can & dry cleaner plastic bags. They filled the can with gas line antifreeze, filled the balloon with a hair dryer, lit the fluid & off she went. Up, up & off out of site drifting with the wind.

Late in the afternoon the Military Police came for a visit, seems that they picked up the can on radar as it drifted across the Namao Air Base!
makes me wonder how many car dealerships are going to be arrested this year for runaway balloons... hope in the future there isn't any big MAAC stores on every corner . ahhhhhh darn...............

still wondering if anyone can answer this :

Tracar is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #175
cf100
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Ken K.
Radio of choice:
JR & Graupner
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 251

As for his outstanding service to MAAC, Ron Dodd should be offered the post of MAAC rep to the Aero Club of Canada.
cf100 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #176
mnewhook
RCC Apprentice

I am: Matthew N

Total Props: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellic View Post
Board confidentiality is a uniformly accepted principlethat is recognized in many forms of government, governing boards and committees. It simply means that board members, committee members and society directors can discuss issues among st themselves openly and in confidence that if one or others enter into that discussion with possibly a knee jerk reaction or a misinformed opinion said person or persons through that open discussion may change their opinion or change the opinion of others openly within the discussion and the end results in nobody being publicly embarrassed when the results of that discussion goes public.
Dose that help?

Brian T.
A more complete treatment of board confidentiality is dealt with in this article.

http://www.mondaq.com/canada/x/18644...onfidentiality

So where is the confidentiality policy for the MAAC board? What is confidential in the information being discussed? disclosure of personal information? avoiding conflict of interest?
mnewhook is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:11 AM   #177
4*60
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: DSM
Radio of choice:
Radiomaster, Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 204

Yeah, we don't even have the minutes, without paying a fee. They should be published right on the web site just like our local government here in BC does!!!!!!!!
You know that Brian T.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:04 AM   #178
davidmc36
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX18 Stealth Taranis X9D+ DX3S
# of RCs: 1E

Total Props: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracar View Post
....still wondering if anyone can answer this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_maritime_law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...al_legislation

From the Aeronautics Act:

4.9 The Governor in Council may make regulations respecting aeronautics and, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, may make regulations respecting

(o) the use and operation of any objects that in the opinion of the Minister are likely to be hazardous to aviation safety;

Not sure but my bet is that it is not Maritime.

What's your point?

How does it relate to this topic?
Weather Station
davidmc36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #179
mwavesdave

I am: Dave R.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C 2.4
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 24

Here in Dartmouth, we have the Halifax Electric Flyers, and they have a site at Shannon Park, a sports field on old DND land, that's now vacant. I think they simply asked, but they are a MAAC club, look them up and see how they went about it. I find though, if you present a reasonable plan, well thought out, and offer a benefit to the community, i.e. teaching young people, that's often enough to get the go-ahead. If on the other hand, you're looking for a small close knit group to have exclusive use of public property, good luck. As was mentioned about the issues in Victoria, BC, we're starting to forget that this is a hobby, and a social one at that. You want exclusive? Buy some farmland and set up a privated club. MAAC clubs have no place in that environment!!!! If your club isn't actively supporting growth and education of Model Aeronautics, then you're not helping the cause.
mwavesdave is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #180
Sharpy01
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Marc S

Total Props: 1,434
MAAC Math

Well, apparently my previous question about Dodd remaining as an active "Past Prez" has a swift answer as it's already changed on the website?!

http://maac.ca/maacexec.php

Pure petty vindictive politics and we have been duped.

Basic Facts:

Dodd dramatically declares the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DODD View Post
It has become obvious, in my opinion, that my ethics... personal code of conduct, and view of fiduciary duty and responsibilities to the corporation are diametrically opposed to the majority of the board's.

I cannot participate as President in an organization where there is seemingly no regard for the Act, the bylaws or fiduciary duty to the corporation.
So, prior to this statement he fires out a bunch of vague, and very serious accusations and declares he cannot work with the "Majority" of our ELECTED Board, which would clearly include the Executive he Chaired as President....

We at the ground level can only imagine what this does to the working tone and functionality within the board as a whole, regardless of majority/minority situations within?

..... BUT!!! ... he's ok to sit on the executive as Past President! WTF? hmmmm

Lets put another piece in:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDRY View Post
Regis (zone director for atlantic sent this email out in response.

As Zone Director for Zone B (Atlantic) may I offer these additional comments regarding today’s resignation of MAAC President, Mr. Ron Dodd.

In my opinion, Mr. Dodd’s summary of reasons for resigning are factual. This year, I was asked to lead an investigating committee that was requested to research formal complaints tabled by MAAC members. To determine the validity of the complaints, the committee reviewed MAAC Bylaws, Code of Ethics, Corporations Canada (Not for Profit) Act and the Quebec Civil Code. Committee investigation results, outlining perceived infringements of specific articles of MAAC Bylaws, Code of Ethics, Corporations Canada (Not for Profit) Act and Quebec Civil Code, were then forwarded to the MAAC Board of Directors for their review and action. Mr. Dodd’s summary speaks to the review and actions taken by the majority of the MAAC Board of Directors to date.
So, now we have Landry, ALSO an Executive on the Board declaring he is also in the "Minority"....

Here's the math and how you circumvent the democracy and create a more dysfunctional organization:

With Dodd resignation, he takes the Past Prez spot forcing Barlow out of the picture who we have read was clearly on the "Majority Team" at the 5 person executive level.

Now, with the VP moving up to Prez, whom we have to assume is a majority team guy, based on Barlow's support on here, the voting position of VP is empty and we effectively have a 4 person executive running the day to day business of MAAC.

Knowing that Landry is a self-declared "Minority Team" member, that leaves Mr Reimer, the last member of the executive as a default "Majority Team" member......

Hmmm, Bottom line is MAAC's now 4 person executive is being run by 2 of the minority as any majority decisions at the executive level become DODD and LANDRY's decisions as Reimer will have the only dissenting vote and Melborne can't vote unless there is a tie, which is impossible with 3 voting executive........

TADA!!!...... democracy defeated. "Check......."

...bring in the clowns, the circus is in town.

Nice

This twist may be worthy of a new thread?

Last edited by Sharpy01; 12-16-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Sharpy01 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in