UP coming Float flys around TO vicinity - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Float Planes Discuss float planes here...or any other aircraft that floats.

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 05:48 AM   #1
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Robert
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0
UP coming Float flys around TO vicinity

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi,

I would like to know of any upcoming float fly events happening around Toronto area eg: Hamilton, Barrie, Pickering, Withby. I am very keen on learning float flying, i find it very facinating and different sort of flying sport, i would like to visit surrounding clubs and meet guys there and learn piece or two about float flying...pls keep informed. I will be mounting my Kadet MkII on floats.

Cheers,

Sammy

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:06 AM   #2
Slocan Floats

I have been float flying for 15 years now as there isn't a field near where I live and yes it is very fasinating and gratifying. I have had two Senior Kadets on Slocan Floats and I realy enjoy the relaxing way they fly. sorry I can't help you with fly ins in the Toronto area but I thought you would like to see my Kadets on floats. so here is a couple of pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sf_kadet_942.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	9438  
Slocan Floats is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:17 AM   #3
Slocan Floats

Opps! I missed getting the second picture of my latest Kadet. this posting is new to me. I has a O.S. 70 four stroke engine , I extended the wings so it would classify as a big bird and it now has an 84 inch wing span. I also added lights to the wings and fuselage and installed navigation lights. I have had two night flights with it so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_6210_117.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	9439  
Slocan Floats is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-14-2005, 12:32 AM   #4
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Robert
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 2

Slocan Floats very nice and impressive looking birds, these floats ore look as scale then other ones i have for my Kadet MKII...I have OS 46FX on my Kadet and its a power house, on first flight it took off and went stright verticle for about 70 feet before my friend could get it into level flight with 15-18 km winds....You can see pics pics of mu kadet in my gallery. Right now its on gears but i will son get it on floats..

Sammy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in