NanoPhan - Thrust Vectoring Nano Single Copter - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Indoor Flying Discuss indoor flying

Old 12-25-2016, 03:39 PM   #31
vaalleon
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: VAL

Total Props: 1
Re: NanoPhan - Thrust Vectoring Nano Single Copter

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
The outdoors maiden flight wasn’t a disaster but proved that I need to make aerodynamic and weight distribution adjustments. There is a little bit of head wind and it didn’t beat the wind. However, the new flight controller showed potential, which will make smaller units possible.

Also, no visible damage after that rough landing. Carbon fiber is doing its job!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
vaalleon is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:49 PM   #32
vaalleon
RCC Junior Contributor

Getting better. First full flight without crash.... By the way I never had to fix the unit by the result of any crashes!!! After the flight the batteries balanced at 560MAH. However, they should hold 900MAH but they are old. This puts the theoretical flight time at over 3minutes, which is pretty good for this size and considering the carbon armor...

[YOUTUBE]zDjw6UQwpz4&feature[/YOUTUBE]
Old 01-09-2017, 09:04 PM   #33
vaalleon
RCC Junior Contributor

I did many flight tests with the indestructible Nano this past week, most of which ended in a crash. In the end, most of the design and flight controller issues were sorted out and the unit was domesticated, being very close to being a real Mono with very good stability and ability to reach high speeds. However, I need to change the wing design to reflect the things learned and make the unit even more durable and faster.

Before I replace the old wings, I wanted to give the condition of the unit after probably 30ish crashes, some as high as 100ft. I even hit a tree once! One crash was on the concrete and others were on grass. I never lost a servo neither an impeller, which is AMAZING! One leg was broken and fixed (which will cause a design improvement), one power cable snapped and was soldered back.

See Pics attached.

I am happy that I am almost there for the first amazingly fast and agile indestructible Mono…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170109_182438.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1143042   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170109_182504.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	1143050   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170109_182532.jpg
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	1143058   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170109_182654.jpg
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	1143066  

Old 01-13-2017, 10:04 PM   #34
vaalleon
RCC Junior Contributor

Now this flies like a real Mono

Installed the newly designed wings. It took me a while to re-balance it (which is a real bitch for the smaller units) but then: boom baby!

There are 2 flights with different setups in this video. First 2 minutes is the first flight without the front wing. It flies pretty good but at 1:30 minute mark it loses balance, telling me needs a little upgrade. Then I fly it a little more until my old batteries die at 2 minute mark.

Then I installed the front wing that I use on some of my units. This flight is after 2 minute mark. It tilts better and flies really well. But this is a test and I have to push it harder and harder. At almost full stick & full horizontal at 3 minute mark it lost it. But its fine, I fly it a little longer after with some cool close passes.

Now I will calibrate the max tilt angle on the FC and we are good to put on the new batteries and have some fun!!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170113_182946.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1145146  
Old 01-16-2017, 09:58 PM   #35
vaalleon
RCC Junior Contributor

Testing the flight time with the new batteries while having a little sunset flight fun.

The flight time is a solid +3 minutes, which is really good for a nano. Flies like a dream I built multiple 40mm edf nano units in the past. I had all kinds of problems from low fan power to stabilization or electrical problems… In the end this way or that way all were totaled. It is ironic to me that the successful unit turned out to be a 35mm fan in a carbon armor. Feels good having this figured out in the end…

+ YouTube Video
Old Yesterday, 12:54 AM   #36
RCcanuck
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: John M

Total Props: 13

Let me know when you start the full version one that can carry me. We both know its totally possible. Its just the funds to do it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.