traxxas 3.3 idles and stalls - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ashton P

Total Props: 0
traxxas 3.3 idles and stalls

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi, i have a problem with my engine. Right now i feel like chucking the POS in the garbage. When i start her up she idles for a bit and stalls. I increased the idle via idle needle still stalls. put the settings back to factory settings still stalls, change glow plugs (LC3) two times still stalls,checked my air filter cleaned it and re-oiled it still stalls, checked my tank for a leak doesn't have one still stalls, put fresh fuel tubbing still stalls,rebuilt my engine still stalls.Put fresh fuel of coarse still stalls. When i started my engine my flywheel came off and i tighten the nut and i noticed there was fuel on the nut and flywheel. Could it be that my front bearing is gone? also, am i able to push the crankshaft back and forth when it's in the bearing of the engine? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Tekno.

BTW i have a experience not allot but, enough to work on them.I know how to take them apart and properly put them back together using the right cleaning methods. I know it can be the front bearing but, just want to hear your inputs if you owned a 3.3 engine.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:33 PM   #2
imported_BananaMan
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: John

How much fuel is through that motor? (piston/sleeve)

Common issues with keeping the 3.3 running:

Fuel lines and exhaust couplers, if either of these have a leak it will not run right or not stay running at all.....Even a very small pin hole can drive you crazy.

Fuel tank o-ring - this is a common issue with the Revo gas tank. You can buy a rebuild kit that is pretty cheap. (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLHE3&P=M)

Is the carb o-ring in good shape? Is the carb seated all the way down on the motor? Have you tried sealing the motor with RTV silicone?

Definitely change the front bearing if you are seeing fuel on the flywheel.

HPI Baja 5T :GRIN:
imported_BananaMan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaMan View Post
How much fuel is through that motor? (piston/sleeve)

Common issues with keeping the 3.3 running:

Fuel lines and exhaust couplers, if either of these have a leak it will not run right or not stay running at all.....Even a very small pin hole can drive you crazy.

Fuel tank o-ring - this is a common issue with the Revo gas tank. You can buy a rebuild kit that is pretty cheap. (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLHE3&P=M)

Is the carb o-ring in good shape? Is the carb seated all the way down on the motor? Have you tried sealing the motor with RTV silicone?

Definitely change the front bearing if you are seeing fuel on the flywheel.
I will change the coupler and change my front bearing. I think it 's the front bearing that is causing the problem and i am running a st-1 tank and checked it for air leaks there's none. I ran it today it would idle then lean it's self out and i can't lower the idle because, it would start and stall. BananaMan, have you tried Traxxas's ERP? i read that you can do an exchange at a LHS. Have you done this before? Thanks for the info. Tekno.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
stay-fit

let it warm up for a minute.
richen the fuel a bit.
thats what i do when mine stalls.
stay-fit is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #5
imported_scarface69
RCC Apprentice

I am: Andrew G

What i have experienced with customers coming into my store with the 3.3 is the one way bearing. I have seen it happen. The one way bearing will seize causing the motor to stall cause the motor now is trying to turn the gears in the easy start or reversing the pullstart. Its something to check.

Scaface 69
Skycraft Hobbies
Skycraft Racing Team
115 Plains Road East
Burlington, Ontario
www.skycrafthobbies.com
imported_scarface69 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:14 PM   #6
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

i am running a back plate tekno.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #7
dasilvaszo6
RCC Junior Contributor

idle problem

Hey Tekno we will look at it on sunday.

Frank...
dasilvaszo6 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:13 PM   #8
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

ok thanks. Tekno.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in