Futaba 7cap - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 04:45 PM   #1
WildBill
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Bill M

Total Props: 0
Futaba 7cap

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Can anyone tell me if this radio can be switched over to fly mode 3? ailerons and throttle on the left and rudder and elevator on the right? i have an eclipse now and it won't work the way i would like, i can plug the rudder into the aileron spot and vice versa, but the mixes won't work properly , i am thinking about buying the one for sale here, but don't want to waste my money if it won't work for me
Thanks for any help.
Bill
WildBill is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:50 PM   #2
Hughes500E
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Steve H.

Total Props: 16
Page 15 on the manual refers to changing modes but does not go into it too much but I never read the entire book.
http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/manual-7c.html
perhaps the seller could let you know by performing the change!
Good selection though, great radios for sure!
Hughes500E is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:10 AM   #3
jeang
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Jean-Guy

I had that same problem back in 91 with my first computer radio.what I did is I opened up the case and switch the control switch from left to right and vise versa.I didnt switch the trims so I had rudder trim on the left and ail trim on the right.then I could take advantage of the mixes.

later

jeang

Old 07-23-2004, 11:29 AM   #4
The_Big_H

I bought a 7uap that was mode 1, thinking it could be switched. NOT!!, only on the 7uaps.
So I changed the wiring to make it mode "right". I moved the trims also, it was not easy, as the wires and connectors did not work out to do a simple move-the-connector:
I followed the wiring and the traces on the PCB, cut the traces, and soldered jumpers to cross the signals. Really fine soldering, if you are not experienced soldering, I don't recommend trying it. I think I had to swap some mechanical springs, etc also, to get the throttle on the left stick.
But it works now, mixes work correctly, and trims are where they belong.
The_Big_H is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in