Which 1/8th Buggy do you have? - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

View Poll Results: Which 1/8th Buggy do you have?
Mugen MBX5 (Prospec or not) 1 1.52%
Older Mugen 0 0%
XRay XB8 or XB8R 6 9.09%
Thunder Tiger EB4 S3 21 31.82%
Older Thunder Tiger 2 3.03%
Kyosho SP1/SP2 or any Kanai Edition 9 13.64%
Kyosho 777/7.5 or older 1 1.52%
Ofna Hyper 7 or 9.5 Series 15 22.73%
Jammin X1-CR 1 1.52%
Other Buggy (Duratrax, Mayhem etc) 10 15.15%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 07:40 PM   #21
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jeff F

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Thanks ChrisP! Sometimes I get some things right!

Mugenman: The first 777's did come with a metal spur gear, but the newest version's of them do not. Have you seen how cheap they got? Just before the switch to Kyosho America Tower Hobbies was selling them for $279! I was asking at the track about getting one in for me and they told me that they had done so for someone else about a month before and it came out VERY low end... cost him more to get it reliable then it would have if he had of just bought the SP1 to start with. I think it's the same as the 7.5 vs 7.5 sport... but they just left the sport off the end of the 777 now... They down graded the shocks, drive train, towers, lots of things. Not trying to agrue with you on this or prove anything one way or another, just stating facts

On a side note, the S3 is winning like I figured it would be, but I thought at least one more person would have a Mugen!! LOL

It's funny to see the difference from up there to down here... you can really tell that HobbyCraft is doing their job VERY well as promoting the S3! Down here NO ONE has an S3... very few people even know what it is actually! Seems like some one (ACE) dropped the ball there! Everyone down here has Kyosho's and Mugen's... XB8's are starting to take off though, I think 3 or 4 regulars at the track have them and quick a few OFNA's as well. Did anyone see the Hyper 7 from Yukon, OK in last months RC Driver? I race with that guy every weekend
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:08 PM   #22
imported_rcguy
RCC Master Contributor

I have a Mayhem... for now...
Axial SCX10
Hpi baja 5b
Tamiya Mini m03
26cc 70" phantom boat
:IDEA:
imported_rcguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:00 PM   #23
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

Chris no problem. I know as well but won't post it. LOL!

Rick there is so much I could say but won't. We both know that mags and race results are important. Otherwise you wouldn't be sponsored by CanWestRC. Please just leave it at that. Hope to see you next weekend or later.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-18-2005, 10:40 AM   #24
imported_offroader
RCC Master Contributor

Thumbs up

I have a Hyper 7 PBS/PCR love this and is very fast!
imported_offroader is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:52 PM   #25
CrazyQ

i bought a ofna lx comp rtr...then after break in i fliped it and broke the head off the motor...so ordered new heads 2 so if i do it again...now i got the new head..... ran it for 5 min steering sucked cus i didnt get a hi torq servo and i smashed into a truck tire at abot 40 mph...so now my drive shafts are bent into a v shape and my chassis is bent in a slight u shape...so thats where im at now....drive shafts are on their way lmao...just my input to this thread thanks
CrazyQ is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:30 PM   #26
Grandmaster G
RCC Expert Contributor

7.5 Series Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyosho should have never strayed from its WINNING Formula

They went to SP1 and for the sake of $$$$$$$$$

cost them the worlds

cant wait till the 06 worlds!!!!!!
Grandmaster G is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:06 PM   #27
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

Give Mugen some credit. They deserve that title. Kyosho will be fine with the Kyosho 777 SP2.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:50 AM   #28
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jeff F

I've gotta say.. I LOVE my Mugen buggy... raced on Saturday for the first time with 1/8th buggy, the first qualifier was only my 3rd tank of gas with the buggy... I ended up second in the Sportsman A-Main! Buggy is AWESOME! One of my friends down here just bought an SP2 so I'll give his a try next time we go to practice and see how I like it in comparrison - it is what I was going to buy...
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:34 AM   #29
Grandmaster G
RCC Expert Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenman
Give Mugen some credit. They deserve that title. Kyosho will be fine with the Kyosho 777 SP2.
Agreed. The MUGEN car is deadly!!

It irks me that Kyosho would try to fix something that was not broken.......before you know it, MUGEN will repeat in 2006, and Kyosho will be working on a Special 4!!!!!!......BRUTAL!!!!!!

Last I checked...RC Car tracks are the same as they were in 2000 and 2002....apart from design and layout......

nothing like Marketing!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats just my rant....I hope no one takes offence......
Grandmaster G is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:02 AM   #30
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

People are asking about a new Mugen for the 2006 worlds. The buggy is so good now. After seeing how Kyosho has struggled. I wouldn't want them to follow suit. Kyosho has it right now with the SP2. It's the buggy they should have built to replace the 7.5 series. Mugen and Kyosho continue to be 1 & 2 in the US in racing. Xray is getting closer as well as Thundertiger and Jammin.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in