to the women in our life who support us - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #1

Total Props: 57
to the women in our life who support us

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=75225
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #2
hifly2104
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9c
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 15
Re: to the women in our life who support us

Not sure why this thread has a link to take it somewhere else on RC Canada.I am also not sure why it hasn't had any response other than mine. Well hopefully this will change.
Thank You for my Wife that understands that I need this hobby.That doesn't get upset when I buy another plane or if I bury one.It is quite funny really my wife will mention going for a drive and of course I have to say well lets go to..She will then ask what did I buy now. Thank you Honey love yah. You may never see this but my peers will and they will know I am a pretty lucky guy

Last edited by hifly2104; 05-09-2008 at 08:37 PM.
hifly2104 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:38 AM   #3
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9

I honestly couldn't ask for a more supportive wife! She fully understands and appreciates how important this hobby is to me.

I became disabled due to a mineing accident back in 1985 and was dwelling on all the things I could no longer do, instead of what I could still do, to the point of becoming seriously depressed. It was then that I became fully interested in model aviation and I truly believe it saved my life! It has been and still is the best form of therapy I can imagine, keeping me busy in an activity that I can do and love. She understand this and encourages me to keep going.

We both have our hobbies. She loves to sew and makes the most beautiful quilts I've ever seen. So we both encourage and share our experiences with each other and admire each other's talents and abilities. She is not particularily interested in model airplanes but she does take an interest in what I am doing and often accompanies me to fun flys and IMAC contests. I go to quilting shows and to fabric supply shops to help her pick out various fabrics used to make her fabulous quilts. We share our lives and take an interest in each other's work and play! What more could anyone ask in a loving relationship.

So, heres to my beautiful girl who will always be my best friend and loyal loving companion, who keeps me going, encourages me and keeps me enjoying, loving, and whole heartedly looking forward to each and every day I spend with her. Shes the best! Happy Mother's Day!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #4
RC_MAN
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Peter D
Radio of choice:
Powerbox Core
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 10
Wink Re: to the women in our life who support us

One Flight = One Pair Of Shoes
Old 05-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
voyager_663rd
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len, an RPAS pilot

Total Props: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_MAN View Post
One Flight = One Pair Of Shoes
Exactly how it works. Sometimes though, you give a little more now to put money in the bank for later
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #6
Flyboy76
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX12
# of RCs: 27

Total Props: 4

Gary, glad to see this hobby is what you needed to get happy!! My wife has been pretty supportive of my planes to an extent. When she feels i am paying more attention to the planes than her she holds one hostage J/K!! Anyways she is into making barnboard art (birdhouses, benches, potting benches, picture frames etc....) and attends several craft and trade shows over the summer. I travel with her to these shows and last year we were at one and it was a dud, poor attendance and to top it off it was a perfect day outside, sunny and no wind. On the way home from that show she told me that i should make a rack in the trailer so i could bring along a plane. I had never mentioned doing that (thought of it many times though!!) because these shows are her time and i didn't want to interfere, but since then I have brought a plane to every show and if the weather is nice i sneak away and do a little flying. I just bring a park flyer and head out into the country somewhere and fly off a gravel road or dirt trail, whatever is available. She didn't have to do that as it's her show, so it's one of the many reason's she's the greatest.

geoff
Old 05-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #7
Marcel B.
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

My wife is Muriel, and she is very supportive of my interests as I am of hers. We are totally devoted to each other.
Yes, we have only been married for 19 months but we are both just over 50 so I think maybe we know what we want in a relationship.

For me, that is Muriel's happiness.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
slash60
RCC Master Contributor

I am: ROGER V
Radio of choice:
FUTABA 10CAP
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 24

to my wife ria, I have never felt so comfortable with this hobby of mine. Not only is she supportive, inquisitive and genuinely concern as to how my day went flying with my close friends, she even makes it a point to bring us lunch when the situation keeps us from taking care of that needs. ....she is one of kind. ...and I am lucky to have her.
slash60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:00 PM   #9
Flyboy76
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX12
# of RCs: 27

Total Props: 4

Slash,,,,, you are indeed a lucky man. My wife Jen has come to the realization that flying relaxes me, and the other night she really surprised me. I came home from work, which is really hectic right now and she said "i've put supper in the microwave for when we get back, lets go fly for a bit. So Jen, Karlee and i went off and i burnt off my to packs for my T-28 Trojan. Just what i needed, i had gone through a pretty Shi%%y day and she knew it so she decided a little therapy was in order. She has been bugging me about the funfly saying i'm like a little kid waiting for xmas to come!!

Geoff
Old 05-21-2008, 07:23 AM   #10
homme de fer
RCC Contributor

I am: Marc A

Total Props: 0

I am not a jealous type, but, reading about how your wives/girlfriends take an active part in the hobby makes me jealous .

My wife refers to my creations as "them stupid planes" and takes every opportunity to cram them into spaces not meant for them. My two kids, luckily, show some interest in the hobby.

You guys are very lucky.
homme de fer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in