Interestng Carb problem..... - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Large Engines Discuss Engines Used on Giant Scale Aircraft. Gas/Glow, as long as they're big!

Old 05-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
WildBill
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Bill M

Total Props: 0
Interestng Carb problem.....

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
So, i need some input. I have an old Brison 4.2 side carb engine, i just rebuilt the carb and it is running flawless, without the cowl.... if i put the cowl on it runs perfectly unless inverted, or if i pull up at low throttle to enter a hover it quits, it quits if i roll knife edge. it will pull vertical and be fine as long as it has power on. if i remove the cowl it runs just fine. i am thinking it is a pressure issue but i thought that it caused the engine to richen, but its acting lean. we even had 3 guys hold it vertical on theground like we were checkin a little nitro burner(looked pretty funny) and adjustig needles didnt fix anything.Any ideas guys?
Thanks
Bill
WildBill is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
pschulte
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Phil Schulte
Radio of choice:
JR12X
# of RCs: 40+

Total Props: 3
Re: Interestng Carb problem.....

I put the diaphram that is on the side that has the hole to sense outside air pressure backwards. The engine would run but was very sensitive to air pressure. would run on the ground but terrible once in the air. Just a thought maybe check the diaphram. I found it backwards after I got mad and replaced engine after three deadstics in a row.
pschulte is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in