Combat Discuss Aerial Combat.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 09:29 AM   #11
Midairplarina
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Alex P
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 2

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Exactly this . i would love to see it all enforced . not ot be picky but to actuly have the same planes flying. i do not want to poit fingures but honestly the SPAD SPITFIRE for 1 is not a scale spit . can anyone honestly look at the spad spit and say hey lookat that spit. (rember only a example) im not here to bash anyone , i know brian flys the spad spits but he also is now building scale planes dew to my badgering him. so hes not the problem. what i need to see is the SCALE fun back.. the dog fighting not the 50 foot Furrrball of no skill needed but only the luck of the irish on your side.. but to choose a plane knowing that it cannot looop in a 20 foot looop and not EVER SNAP out , i love the chase adn being chased doing Snap rolls , S turns barrel rolls SCALE like is the most amasing and rush i have ever hade , but rescently its been more and more yank and pull not dog fighting. now im speaking in general. if at least the rulles are followed %10 devation then all the planes will fly scale like even the toneys.. they are the IL2 of the air however the ta is great the ZERO is amasign to and the zero is smaller wing. i just want planes that look scale and ot have to guess they are not harder to fly just that you have to fly them like a airplane not a kite on strings .. agin im not here to start a hole fight over combat and cause fights i just want the combat cds hosting to have a bit of back bone and say sorry man everyone else is folling the rules why did you not.. thye are posted as it was said on this tread.. so there is 0 chance of any excuse as to why its not a scale plane. and not show up with a p51 tony or a spad spit or a il2 or any other plane that does not fit the rules. 15 feet can tell exactly what the plaen is without a doubt. not even a blink of a eye.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:31 AM   #12
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
Turborix
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
With all due respect, that's not quite accurate. You may be quoting the old rules, or the U.S. 2610 rules.

In the MAAC Combat 1/12 scale class, Part II, Section 3.3, the rules read as follows:
What happened to aircombat.ca?
Old 12-30-2005, 12:27 PM   #13
Patch
RCC Contributor

I am: Jason H

Total Props: 1
Midairplarina,

I applaud your courage to stand up to the matter. It is well known that I never supported the rule changes from the original RCCA rules. The RCCA rules may be flawed, but at least their consistant, and any rules changes that are made are tried and tested. What I like the most that instead of changing the rules is that instead they create a new class for people that want to fly it. I feel that it's a very good way to keep and promote combat for all flyers. Like you, I don't really like the big wings eithier, with the Zero being one of my favorites. I would like to see a class open up that specifies 10 airplanes, 1 motor, 1 prop that is allowed at 5% scale. I really think it would draw a lot of people who really care about scale and good looking popular war birds. Like I said, make a new class, don't keep changing the rules. That way, there is something for everybody.

one of my favorite quotes from "the life of Brian" He's making it up as he goes along

In theory, everything works.
Patch is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-30-2005, 05:03 PM   #14
Buzz
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dan P

Total Props: 0
Patch,

I think Midair's concern was not so much at the rules the way they are written, but the fact that they are not enforced.

Like I said, I had no issues with anyone at the nats, and I think I ran a pretty tight ship. Not all CDs run contests like this, and some people are getting away with flying planes that do not meet regulations.

I got into the whole combat world just as the discussion of rules change was starting. For me, it wasn't an issue of monstrous wingspans. It was an issue of planes having to fit the profile of single seat fighters that saw combat in a specific time period... thus the inappropriateness of the IL2s and Fulmars and some other attack planes. With some people, the issue became about having different rules in Canada vs. the U.S. I can appreciate this argument, but I don't want to open it up again.

If a larger wingspan was such an advantage, by now, just about everyone would be flying Ta152s and they are not.

Again, there has not been any issue (to my knowledge) about the rules as written, rather about following them. Only CDs can enforce the rules.

Evidence seems to indicate that the number of participants in the 1/12th category keeps growing, and the new kids on the block have no problem building planes that conform. There are enough people now offering short kits and plans at reasonable or no cost. Again, the problem comes in when the "we're all friends" mentality kicks in and people are allowed to fly with an abortion of an excuse they call a scale plane, which would not meet regs. while most of us take the care to build with better scale fidelity. Notice how I say care and not time. It takes just about the same amount of time to build a crap plane than it does to build a good one with the coro methods we use now. It's just about doing your homework.

In closing Patch, If I had all the time in the world, I too would like to see several designs, as many as we can find not limiting it to 10, and provide the combat site with scaled 3 views, and wingspans that must be adhered to. Let people gravitate to their plane of choice, as long as it meets our specs. BUT, most importantly, to be fair to all, no matter what specs we lay out, we must police them!
www.hvrcf.org
MAAC R/C Scale Combat Committee
Buzz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:07 PM   #15
Buzz
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dan P

Total Props: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by erg
What happened to aircombat.ca?
Erg,

Dave changed his Web hosting service, and I think the site still remains to be updated. In the meantime, the rules can be found at: http://www.maac.ca/committees/commit...=rcscalecombat
www.hvrcf.org
MAAC R/C Scale Combat Committee
Buzz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:35 PM   #16
Patch
RCC Contributor

I am: Jason H

Total Props: 1
Dan,

for the most part, I agree with you. I don't wish to open old wounds eithier. It's water well under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. We should all move on. I say ten planes to simply lose the politics. ten planes, one engine, one prop. If you don't like it, don't fly it. (I'm not saying that specificly to you, just in general) I just think it's an easy way to fly "traditional" airplanes without the politics. And if it was a class in itself, it wouldn't affect anyone wanting to fly other designs.

The "rules" argument really broke my spirit as it looks the same is happening to midair. I really don't wish this on anyone. The best people I have met in RC airplanes are all combat guys. Rules (wether I like them or not) need to be consistant AND enforced. Period.

Here's to the new year let's all support one another and have a good year at combat that we can ALL enjoy.

In theory, everything works.
Patch is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in