Tail wag Logictech 2100t - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 05-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
Nogan
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Matt G
Radio of choice:
DX7
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
Talking Tail wag Logictech 2100t

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi gang,

So my heli developed this strange erratic tail wag/twitch. It seems to have started for no reason.

Gain is set very low, have tried mutiple gain settings. Gyro is setup well both mechanically and electronically. Holds great in lock mode.

It just seems to have this little twitch and I can't figure out for the life of me whats causing it??? Now I'm pretty new to all this stuff, but it was working fine a week ago.. and it hasn't been lawn darted yet

Here's a short clip of what it does you can really see it when the heli is nose in.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Here's the specs;

Blade 400 stock motor,
CC Phoenix 25 ESC,
CC 10amp BEC,
HS65mg on the cyclic,
Logictech 2100t Gyro, Airtronics 94761 digital tail servo.

Thanks for the help

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
Cougar429
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Gary L

Total Props: 101
Re: Tail wag Logictech 2100t

Check for belt slippage, drive or cog slippage on the T/R shaft and/or loose/binding tail pitch mech.

Another possibility would be pinion slippage on the motor shaft. May take a bit for it to warm up enough to happen. This usually occurs on press fit brass pinions with no set screw or flat ground on the shaft.

Are you running 72 or 2.4? Asking since the belt can generate a whopping amount of static. One thing you may want to test is to remove the main blades and spin up the heli, watching for any aberant behavior in any of the servos.

Final thought would be to check for vibrations in the heli from the main or tail rotor systems. Vibes drive a gyro nuts, although they usually show up as a wag or bounce.

You may actually be running too low a gain as well.

p.s. That 25A may not be enough to feed your heli. Are any of the power system components, (battery ESC or motor) relatively hot to the touch at the end of a flight?
Old 05-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
Nogan
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX7

I'll check all of that thanks! I'm running a 2.4 Ghz. The battery is only moderately warm at the end of a flight.

I've got an alternate ESC I'll try. I balance the entire head assembly with a Dubro balancer so it's pretty good.

Thanks for the input

Old 05-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
cassat
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Dave
Radio of choice:
Airtronics Aquila,Taranis,DX7
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 11

Yeah, I was just going to say the same question about the 25A esc. I would run at
least 30 A . Do you have cushion gyro tape under the gyro? Not just the white double
stick from hardware store?
cassat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
Nogan
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX7

Well it was the gyro mounting pad. I thought I'd save a little $$ and use the white foam pads from *local hardware store*... Not so much. Switched back to the foam Futaba pads and all the funky twitching is gone. Thanks to all that gave some advice it is much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in