Attention Savage Owners, Got a ?? for you... - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 09:31 PM   #1
imported_MaddMaxx

Total Props: 0
Attention Savage Owners, Got a ?? for you...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
To all the Savage owners that now own a Revo also. What are your thoughts on the Revo compared to the Savage? I would like to know the likes and dislike on anything you can think of.

Why am I asking? I'm thinking on a Revo even though I own a T-Maxx.

Cheers.
imported_MaddMaxx is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:39 PM   #2
helibri

well chewy lets here it.......
helibri is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:59 AM   #3
imported_PB

Well after finishing behind the only two entered in the Sprucewood race, I can certainly attest to their quickness. My stock engined savage couldn't keep up with their stock engined Revo's. Not only that, but their supple suspension allowed them to cruize over the mine field that the track turned into.

That being said... if your only going to race, then I would suggest them, but if your planning on going to any Bash dates... I'd stick with your T-Maxx or get a savage. (as a friend of mine has one, and has blown a few of the shock links landing hard jumps.)

PB
imported_PB is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-07-2004, 07:23 PM   #4
imported_MaddMaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB
Well after finishing behind the only two entered in the Sprucewood race, I can certainly attest to their quickness. My stock engined savage couldn't keep up with their stock engined Revo's. Not only that, but their supple suspension allowed them to cruize over the mine field that the track turned into.

That being said... if your only going to race, then I would suggest them, but if your planning on going to any Bash dates... I'd stick with your T-Maxx or get a savage. (as a friend of mine has one, and has blown a few of the shock links landing hard jumps.)

PB
Thanks, I just did some more reading and research and I think I'm going to keep my T-Maxx for bashing and fun races. For the serious racing I'll keep to my H7.

Have to admit though that the REVO is really nice tech wise. Not your average MT. I hope my T-Maxx doesn't get runned over by a car some day as that would be the only time I can justify buying a REVO or another MT. Heck, maybe HPI will come out with a completely new Savage someday.
imported_MaddMaxx is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:19 PM   #5
plumbum

i have raced savage for two years and last summer i was able to try the revo and it was stock. blew away anything out there. its light and fast. best for experienced drivers. heavier trucks are easier to drive. if i decide to race mt again iwill go with the revo with sirio .18 of course. but if bashing was my thing it would have to be savage with some slight mods. its justone toughtruck. mainreason i did well withit racing is even if i had a bad landing it was marshalledand justkept going where others would break.
plumbum is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in