Yet another rc boat question - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Boat Discussion Discuss RC Boats, submarines & hovercrafts in electric or nitro.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
p8ntmodsRc
!!! CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT !!!

I am: Austin G
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0
Yet another rc boat question

Hi, I am back again with another question for my apache build. I am ordering a CY/SIKK 26cc engine for my apache and I need to install engine rains into my boat. My question is what kind of adhesive do I use to glue the stringers down to the hull. Does anyone have any opinions on that engine? Thanks, any help would be appreciated.
p8ntmodsRc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
madnesss

I am: steve m

Re: Yet another rc boat question

Make sure your rails and your hull are both clean. No grease or oil . I usually use two part epoxy to hold the rails to the bottom of the hull, Then I fiberglass the rails to the hull with fiberglass cloth and resin. One layer is fine but two is much stronger for that engine. Make sure you have an inside distance of 5 inches between the rails for your motor mounts and rubber isolators, Also make sure your rails are long enough to line the engine up with the stuffing box without any bends in it. Just remember measure ,measure ,measure and then epoxy. You can't go wrong.
The SIKK engine is a good engine. I have used them in the past and had no problems. The only thing I ever do to them is change the paper base gasket to a copper .005 gasket. They are prone to spitting base gaskets out or leaking ther because they only use two bolts to hold the cylinder to the crankcase. If you get the four bolt version. You don't have to really worry about this.
. Hope this helps, regards, Steve
madnesss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
p8ntmodsRc

I am: Austin G
# of RCs: 2

Thanks for the informative post. I went ahead and ordered the sikk 26cc engine. I also took a field trip down to my local marina and picked up some fiberglass resin, fiberglass hardener and some fiberglass cloth. Once I get some rubber engine dampers and a stuffing tube I will be ready to go!
p8ntmodsRc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
madnesss

I am: steve m

No problem, good luck with your build, don't forget to post some pics when you are finished.
madnesss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #5
impba15713
RCC Contributor

I am: Thomas H
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 2

motor should be set back around 12-14 in from transom at a slight downward angle to get the shaft angled downward. Use a brace when mounting the shaft into the boat ( 2-2.5 in from motor to stiffen brass rod.

Check out jim's RCBD or modelgasboats.com for build hints.
impba15713 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in