New guy saying Hi ! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
mopar marv
RCC Apprentice

I am: Marv M.
# of RCs: 22

Total Props: 2
New guy saying Hi !

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello everyone,

I just joined up today and looking forward to spending some time checking things out and making some new friends.

I'm a big city boy that moved to the country for some peace and quiet. Except when I bring out the nitro trucks,lol! I run both nitro and electric trucks. Mostly an off-road basher but I love to go for the Monster Jam free style action!

I love to wrench on my rigs and then bash them,real hard.And then go home and wrench some more. My sig. tells it all.

Out of curiousity,how many folks on here from the Regina,Saskatchewan area?

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
darrenR
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: darren r
Radio of choice:
DX7
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 0
Re: New guy saying Hi !

Hey Mopar marv, welcome to RCCanada,
Old 02-22-2010, 01:39 AM   #3
mopar marv
RCC Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenR View Post
Hey Mopar marv, welcome to RCCanada,

Cool,thanks Darren!

I'm guessing from the lack of replies that there aren't many folks from out here in the flat lands. I was hoping to find a few new folks to bash with.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:08 AM   #4
martintucker19
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Martin T
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 10

Welcome to the forum. I'm from Zealandia which is near Rosetown Sk.
I know there is a few air buffs on here from Sask. but I'm not sure about trucks. Hope you find your new beginning enjoyable in our quiet little province.

Martin
martintucker19 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:14 AM   #5
mopar marv
RCC Apprentice

Thank you, Martin!

I was born in Regina but moved to the tiny village of Riceton about 8 years ago. Its so quiet you can hear a pin drop from across town after dark.

Now for the proof that this is a small world,my father was born and raised in Rosetown and my grandfather[Miles Myers] ran the only machine shop in Rosetown until my grandmother made him retire[1980].Back in the mid sixties I used to spend most of my summer vacations out there. Unfortunately I haven't been back there since my grandparents passed away.

Also way back when[60s] my father used to run the beach front store down at Clearwater Lake.We spent a lot of time out there too.

My mother is from Milden and we still have family out that way.

Last edited by mopar marv; 02-26-2010 at 03:23 AM.
mopar marv is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
Nitro Newf
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Jamie H
Radio of choice:
DX3R

Hi mopar marv. I am not in BC but it looks like I am the closest reply so far. I am in Stettler (Central), Alberta.
We have a great race track here and I still enjoy good ol' Bashing. Nice to someone who likes the other part of the hobby, Fixing.
Jamie
PKZ ICON A5 - HZ SUPER CUB (BL)
Nitro Newf is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #7
mopar marv
RCC Apprentice

Hi Jamie,

You are not going to believe this but I have spent some time in Stettler.Even lived there for a while in '83/'84. Unfortunately I haven't made it back that way since '86 or'87. I do miss the place though. I had a Lot of fun out there.

You might even be related to somebody I know. Wouldn't that be a kick?

I'm so curious now that I could ask a million questions. Well maybe a hundred or so. lol!

Anyways,
Yes I'm a basher. I'd love to try off-road racing but the only track near us is on-road [carpet] and I'm a little light on steering skills and heavy on the throttle to invest in a carpet racer just yet.
Due to my heavy throttle finger, I have to be good at fixing them. But thankfully I've been wrenching on anything I could since I was a youngster and thirty plus years as an auto mechanic doesn't hurt either.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
Nitro Newf
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX3R

Hi mopar marv,
I don't know why I thought you were in BC, Sorry.
I doubt I am related to anyone you know out here in Stettler. I have only been here since 2001. I am from the East. I also grew up fixing things. It all started with a pasion for taking things apart, which later resulted in putting things back together so I could drive them.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:23 AM   #9
mopar marv
RCC Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERRA NOVA HOBBY View Post
Hi mopar marv,
I don't know why I thought you were in BC, Sorry.
I doubt I am related to anyone you know out here in Stettler. I have only been here since 2001. I am from the East. I also grew up fixing things. It all started with a pasion for taking things apart, which later resulted in putting things back together so I could drive them.

No problem Jamie. I do have family in BC. But I've never spent much time there.

So you are a newcomer to my favorite home away from home. Its a friendly little town so I bet it didn't take too long to make a whole bunch of new friends. I lived there for a year and meet more new friends than anywhere else I have ever been. Now that I know that there is a track out there,I'll have to make a trip that way sometime and see if anyone I know is still living there.

Is anyone in your club running any big scale nitro trucks? Maybe I could actually try racing my Mammoth ST. Instead of just bashing the heck out of it.

Yes,I used to drive my parents crazy,I was always tearing something apart,the lawnmower,my bicycles or anything I found laying around in the alleys. By the time I was fifteen I had five vehicles in various stages of dis-assembly or repair.Thirty years later not much has changed. Big ones out in the yard and little ones all over the house. Its a good thing my wife has a good sense of humor[most of the time,lol]
Old 03-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #10
Nitro Newf
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX3R

Anytime you want to come to Stettler, just contact me and I will show you the track. We do some bashing and racing. Most of the trucks/truggies are 1/8 scale. CEN GST 7.7, Nemesis 7.7, Matrix Arena Truggy, Matrix C-1 Buggy. You can get my contact info from my Website and also check out the Stettler R/C Track. www.terranovahobby.ca
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in