More GLORCS Classes - Page 15 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 11:25 PM   #141
imported_MikeB
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Brian i am a big fan of the pre-setting the qualifiers according to GLORCS position before the race event. I have seen it done before in another series and it worked really well. All the heats were super competetive and actually more exciting to watch. I would like to see the pre-sort changed according to overall position in the series after each race.
Hardcore Raceway The #1 place to run
imported_MikeB is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:25 PM   #142
Nate T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFBCAP View Post
Nice idea for the spectators that come out to watch indeed. They would definitely benefit from this however I don't imagine that's a GLORCS issue and in most cases the guy announcing the race only sees the names on the computer, and not the GLORCS numbers.

Great idea, but can't see it flyin' unfortuantely!

A very easy way for the announcer to know who's number is to enter the drivers number as part of his name when putting him or her into the computer.
This way the announcer will always have a number to a name and can clearly identify each car. This would also be a good idea if there is any dispute over a car making an infraction, it would be easy to identify right away from the scoring hut.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:27 PM   #143
Nate T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Brian i am a big fan of the pre-setting the qualifiers according to GLORCS position before the race event. I have seen it done before in another series and it worked really well. All the heats were super competetive and actually more exciting to watch. I would like to see the pre-sort changed according to overall position in the series after each race.

What if a certain driver is not able to make it out to the first race? All that hard work last year is thrown out. Give it at least a few races before you start going by overall points if this is how the presort is going to be done.
  Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:34 PM   #144

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastburn View Post
A very easy way for the announcer to know who's number is to enter the drivers number as part of his name when putting him or her into the computer.
This way the announcer will always have a number to a name and can clearly identify each car. This would also be a good idea if there is any dispute over a car making an infraction, it would be easy to identify right away from the scoring hut.
Is there an echo in here!! LOL great minds think alike!! I posted the same response like 3sec before you did! LMAO!!

Quote:
What if a certain driver is not able to make it out to the first race? All that hard work last year is thrown out. Give it at least a few races before you start going by overall points if this is how the presort is going to be done.
seriously tho Nate... we talk about keeping the series competitive, my thoughts go with Mike... sorry buddy but from what some have said the series need to stay competitive, sooo if you miss the first race I guess "you snooze you lose"
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:32 AM   #145
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFBCAP View Post
Nice idea for the spectators that come out to watch indeed. They would definitely benefit from this however I don't imagine that's a GLORCS issue and in most cases the guy announcing the race only sees the names on the computer, and not the GLORCS numbers.

Great idea, but can't see it flyin' unfortuantely!
see my idea above aout putting the number beside the name in the computer. this is one of the reasons why.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:37 AM   #146
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
Quote:
see my notes above about using discreion when pre-sorting names. the directors generally know who's who, and a stray driver in the wrong qually would be rare. going STRICTLY by finishing numbers was not the intention, only the guidline. I would also suggest that the top 2 mains get randomly mixed from race to race... just an idea.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:31 AM   #147
imported_MikeB
RCC Contributor

Quote:
If you missed the first race you would have to start in a lower heat at the next race. It wouldn't be much different than the way the heats are sorted now. The way it is currently you could be in a fast heat or a very rough one. It will be sorted out after the resort for the day. That is a disadvantage of missing race though.
When this system was used at Niagara they had a program that gave all drivers an average(based on races that they had attended). This won't help if you miss the first race though.
Hardcore Raceway The #1 place to run
imported_MikeB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in