boy is that raptor sixty ever powerful! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 07:58 PM   #11
JASON ABBOTT

Total Props: 0
colin

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
check out the little picture of you and your raptor, hahah in inglish it says .39 and then in the french section it says.29
JASON ABBOTT is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:29 PM   #12
Colin
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Colin B
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 13
lol, I just saw that...

Colin
Old 08-17-2003, 09:58 PM   #13
2fast4-u
RCC Contributor

hey jason remember me Ron from the TARMAC fun fly, i see you got your r60 up and running. I have been my flying my new raptor 50 and that is 1 great machine. I have nose in and forward nailed, I am just itching to hit the idle up and try some inverted stuff. It won't be long before this machine is inverted nose in inches off of the ground.

i'll keep you posted
2fast4-u is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 08-18-2003, 11:28 AM   #14
JASON ABBOTT

ron

could you and i possibly get together sometime, i need a little help with my thirty the clutch seems to be acting up.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:57 PM   #15
2fast4-u
RCC Contributor

hey jason

yeah those clutches on the v1 raptor gotta love em I just recentlly pooched another. the clearances are very important on these birds but if you want to get together i would also like to see the r60 in action

by the way I just acquired a new x-cell 46 and should test her very shortly. but the rappy 50 so far i just love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the power to weight is awesome
Old 08-19-2003, 04:19 PM   #16
JASON ABBOTT

ron

have you got any extra clutch shoes i took apart the clutch and sure enough it was those damn shoes one of the pieces had a huge crack n it, what could have caused that?
Old 08-19-2003, 05:49 PM   #17
2fast4-u
RCC Contributor

its because you have to much shoe liner to clutch clearance, i just ordered 1 and it cost 29.99 for the clutch and about 10 bucks for 2 liners
Old 08-19-2003, 06:18 PM   #18
Colin
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Colin B
Radio of choice:
Futaba

Total Props: 13
Easy fix for the clutch is to shim the liner so the clutch grabs at a low idle....we did this with all our v.1's and havnt broke a clutch in 2 years.

Colin
Old 08-19-2003, 06:23 PM   #19
Derrick
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Derrick R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin
Easy fix for the clutch is to shim the liner so the clutch grabs at a low idle....we did this with all our v.1's and havnt broke a clutch in 2 years.

Colin
Or for someone with access to a lathe, you can double up on the liners and then machine the clutch liner to the right clearance......
The clutch is the only complaint I have on my Raptor.....have close to 165 flights on mine and used 4 clutches. This last clutch seems to be lasting the longest since I tried the lathe method to turn down the liner to approx .003" per side, it may have been as tight as .002 " per side.
MAAC #41076
Derrick is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:50 AM   #20
JASON ABBOTT

hey ron hows the 50?

havent gotten too many flights in this summer with choppers, but alot with the pizzazz. i am going to start forward flight next time im out at the field..... total # of tanks put throu the chopper= 12! haha cant wait to keep going,
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in