Fun time today! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
entilza
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: m p

Total Props: 0
Fun time today!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Great times today, very fun club race, nice change after all the competition races.. Close races too!

For those who weren't there, the 3rd qualifiers we did a tone start on the straight was very fun. We then had a short rain delay then ran the rest of the mains!

Also vintage class, the Fox stole the show!

entilza is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #2

Total Props: 57
It really was an awesome day of racing.... the laid-back attitude made the day that much better. I even had time between racing, marshalling and calling some of the races to work on my car and start to get a set-up on this thing.

Good turn-out for the first club race this year... check the site for more dates being posted.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor

I am: sir rcalot

it was a fun day, i finally broke something on my lazer by doing the triple. i did it a few times succeessfully but there is no space to stop after in a race. my esc also burned down and i think everyone enjoyed seeing smoke come out of my car. but i think i did enough breaking for a while so im hoping for a successful trophy race

also sorry to anyone i hacked. it will not happen during trophy racing.
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:55 PM   #4
imported_superfly
RCC Contributor

I am: David Mandl

Today was great even though i got my * handed to me by a FOX!!! Ahhh i guess I'll have to open up the vault of vintage hop-ups to re-tune that gold machine...oh yeah and get some tires LOL

What really is unbelievable was that FOX was running a silver can 540!!! Thats still stinging
1984 RC10 OldGold
Tekin RC10MidEngineConversion

Spektrum DX3
SuperBrain989
Mamba 4600 system
MaxAmps 5000
Sphere Competition ESC
Novak 7.5 L
Yuntong 5000
imported_superfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:15 PM   #5
Narly1
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 3
Here are photos of the 3 vintage entries:

Narly1
Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:33 PM   #6
gremek
RCC Senior Contributor

Great shots Earl! Hopefully next time we'll see some more classics out there...
Durango DEX410
gremek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:14 PM   #7
johnnyboy
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: John Summach

That Fox is awesome....Always wanted one when I was younger. Sorry I couldn't make it....busy time of year at work. See you all at the trophy race!

"Almost Live Race Coverage": www.johnnyboy.ca

"Finding Your Dream Home":www.burlingtonliving.ca
johnnyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:13 AM   #8
imported_Bikerbob
RCC Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly
Today was great even though i got my * handed to me by a FOX!!! Ahhh i guess I'll have to open up the vault of vintage hop-ups to re-tune that gold machine...oh yeah and get some tires LOL

What really is unbelievable was that FOX was running a silver can 540!!! Thats still stinging

The crazy thing is Dave, I had my best run in the last race where I stayed on Mike's tail (FOX reference) the whole race till I once again popped out the bone end of the Universal. THAT race I put the STOCK AE motor back in.

SO.. it would seem being able to control the car is FAR more useful than that staightline back straight speed.

Great racing MIKE - I will be setup next time and hopefully give you a much better race!!!
4wd - Yok MR4-BCsp SDF2
Lots of onroad stuff!!
...in RC since... what was I talking about again?
imported_Bikerbob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:11 PM   #9
imported_stewart
RCC Contributor

Results

Are the results anywhere, i see Steele won the vintage with the Fox (way too go) but what about 2wd stock and 4wd open?
imported_stewart is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:26 PM   #10

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart
Are the results anywhere, i see Steele won the vintage with the Fox (way too go) but what about 2wd stock and 4wd open?
2WD stock.... although a really strong push was made by Mike Gremek in the last 2 minutes of the race, Dave Lyons walked away with this one - after taking the lead away from Mike in an amazing pass after the Table-Top on the 2nd or 3rd lap. An awesome race and the speeds that these stock motors were running were just a hair slower then the open class motors.

4WD open.... after TQ'ing, Mike "Tamiya - and I can rebuild your brushed motor for $6" Steele also won this race with his Tamiya 501X. The first lap was a close one with all top 4 cars bunched-up pretty well - however, the two Martin P's tangled-up (aggressive pass attempt on my part ) allowing The BJ4 of Mike Gremek and the 501X of Steele to walk away from the pack. Keeping the race within a few car lengths of each other, the Amain 4WD open was a spectators dream - showing battles between 1st and 2nd for the entire run. In the end, Steele's clean lines lead him to the checkered-flag.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in