RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 09:58 PM   #21
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: matt s

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i stay below 1/4 throttle most of the flight and hover only about 1 or 2 min max each flight it havers at around 1/2 throttle. there has not been wind for the flights that i've taken but I think that I'll try a 2s
thanks,
matteo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:25 PM   #22
oilman

Hi Matteo.

Just want clarrify.
Are you saying the T6/3d is getting quite hot on half throttle hovers.

And have you checked temp without a lot of hoverings in your flights.

Also have you had time to try the motor with a slightly smaller prop?

Just curious about these points so we can all get a feel about how the motor is performing. As your the only person I know so far who is flying one.

And thanks Moe and RC pilot for the input.

I agree with Moe on all points. But would like to reinforce the idea that the motor was meant for indoor 3D style flying. 3D does not mean that it was designed to fly big props, necassarily. The instruction sheet by the way I believe is a generic one for the original T6/20 and T15/10.

Remember Matteo we are just trying to help you get the maximum enjoyment from that motor. I hope you get lots of good flying from it.

Oily.
oilman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:14 AM   #23
NorseHammer
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Moe N.

vto

Matteo,

I went to Levi's site (http://3dfoamy.com/) to see what a VTO looked like, and is it ever neat! Can you get the plane to land on its tail yet? I've got a Katana myself and will be exploring 3D flight with it in the very near future. maybe as early as this weekend, chores and weather permitting. I also love the promise of Levi's jet series, he's looking for test pilots, if one visits his site its posted as "I NEED HELP". I wonder if the jets are EDF or PropJets , oh wel I don't have any EDF stuff yet.

Fly On

Moe

S.P.A.D.s, Fibreglas & Balsa EDF's, Foamies, Brushless powered and nitro balsa planes, they're all in my hanger, just don't explain what it all means to the mrs, eh?
NorseHammer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-02-2004, 12:31 AM   #24
oilman

Cool site!

Thanks for the link Moe.

Oily.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:54 PM   #25
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

hey Moe,
If you want a really good 3d machine build one of these. I flew it earlier today in my font yard and street and I was flying around and i started to hover and finally landed it on its tail, and not just in my basement when i get to close to the wall .

Ill try to post a video or a link to one but it wont be very good for it will be with my digital camera.

And Oilman,
The motor dosent run that hot when I do less 3D because on my latest flight i flew some 3d then normal flight and in my word the coolest thing with this plane, 3ft diameter outside loops.

I need to get some smaller props so it may be a a bit untill I try it with proboly some 8" or 7" Gws props.

All in all the motor is running great once I got it figured out. And on a 13oz plane like mine it proforms really good but on a 7oz shockflyer, it'll be amazing. maby I'll save up for one of those and 2s lipos.

Matteo
Old 06-02-2004, 09:15 PM   #26
NorseHammer
RCC Expert Contributor

Don't mess With Success

Hey Matteo,

Sounds like you've got it figured out, and are flying up a storm. You're getting what you want from that configuration, and having a blast with it so stick with it. The 2s1p isn't that great a deal when compared to a 3s1p, you're enjoying the benefit of lots of reserve power whenever you need it. The 3s1p setup is the better one when its flown the way you are flying it. A plane the hovers at half throttle is going to need pretty near full throttle with the 2s1p. Having both 2 cell and 3 cell packs I can say I don't start using the 2 cell pack untill I've flown out all the 3 cell packs and am just waiting for them to finish recharging.

I'm rambling again sorry about that.

Moe

S.P.A.D.s, Fibreglas & Balsa EDF's, Foamies, Brushless powered and nitro balsa planes, they're all in my hanger, just don't explain what it all means to the mrs, eh?
Old 06-03-2004, 04:45 PM   #27
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

Heres what I'm going to put the motor in next.

Matteo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0321.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	2965  
Old 06-03-2004, 07:55 PM   #28
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

And another pic. I will post some of the VTO and it fliyng once I get some more batteries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0320.jpg.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	2967  
Old 06-03-2004, 09:54 PM   #29
NorseHammer
RCC Expert Contributor

lovely Foamy!

Ok Matteo what is it? another of Levi's 3DFoamies? or is a Schock Flyer? its a lot prettier than my basic black Katana from Levi's stable. I've down loaded all his plans and printed the Turbo Raven and 3dFlipper (he pulled the flipper from his line up recently.) The Katana is mostly built, needing the flight pack installed and COLOURs The Depron he cut it from was black so I've got to figure out what to do that works with that. i don't want to add much weight to it.

Moe

Old 06-03-2004, 11:40 PM   #30
oilman

I think I'm about to become a convert of these profile foamies.

What other choices do we have for foam? I gather Depron is still somewhat of a rarity in North America.

oops gotta go be back shortly.

Oily.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in