Old 12-07-2005, 04:22 AM   #1
Charlie
RCC Contributor

I am: Charlie G
Radio of choice:
JR 11X

Total Props: 0
Things that fly

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Anyone see this little segment on Daily Planets on the discovery channel last night? This stuff looks pretty interesting and it seem to fly pretty good (definitely a conversation peace at the field ). I've seen the flying lawn mower before, but it looks like these guys will build and fly anything. I went to their web site this morning just to have a look at their stuff, look a little pricey to me (but that's just me). Just thought I would share this stuff with you guys that didn't see it on TV last night.

http://www.flyingthingz.com/
Charlie is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:50 AM   #2
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: matt s

i saw it it was a cool segment. Its neat how they just work out of there garage.
matteo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:09 PM   #3
orenda635
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Mike P

I got a big kick out of that. The hobby seems to be attacting a younger crowd. (although you wouldn't know it by attending the last OMFC meeting )

Their lawnmower does seem a tad expensive though considering the wing is just foam and is easily mass produced. Their other "planes" are not to bad though. I've never really seen a glow powered foamy.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:43 PM   #4
FlyingThingZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo
i saw it it was a cool segment. Its neat how they just work out of there garage.

Until it get cold outside

Hey Guys,

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the show. To bad Henry and I did not get to see the segment yet. I would love to see how the segment came out, and you thought the producer would tell us when it was on the air.

Spiro
FlyingThingZ is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:09 PM   #5
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: matt s

the same thing happened with a segment that was on our schools robotics team. It eventually showed up on there website under the archives.

http://www.exn.ca/dailyplanet/archivelist.asp

For anybody whos interested heres the segment they did on us. were "the iron bears" team 854.

http://www.exn.ca/video/?video=exn20050420-robot.asx
matteo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:06 PM   #6
FlyingThingZ

thank you Matteo

Spiro
Old 12-08-2005, 09:09 PM   #7
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

That was the only time I have watched daily planet, and it was an awesome segment. The mowing the lawn trick for air shows and such with the lady screaming was hilarious!
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:21 PM   #8
FlyingThingZ

Funny and True Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cann
That was the only time I have watched daily planet, and it was an awesome segment. The mowing the lawn trick for air shows and such with the lady screaming was hilarious!
Hello Chris,

I copy and paste this from another forum

"Funny (and true) story. The guys that kit the flying lawnmower flew it for our local club in our annual air show in August. The MC made up some story about some of the pilots wanted to cut a high spot of grass on a section of the field. They fire up the motor (R/C motor) and a guy pretends to pull a pull start like a real mower (there isn't a pull start, he just acts like he does it). He then proceeds to go out in the middle of the field and acts like he's mowing the field, back and forth and such. Then he trips and falls letting go of the mower which now starts to run away from him. He gets up and runs after the mower which now jumps it to the air! Right behind me there were about 3-4 ladies in there 60's or so that started to scream and then giggle. It was priceless as they thought it was a real mower! It was a terrific act and it flies real well. I've seen some R/C mowers that make you want to run for cover each time they fly. This one seems real stable.

........Mark"

Spiro
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in