Clean your Buggy - Air Compressor Sale!! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 09:00 PM   #1
puffer

Total Props: 0
Clean your Buggy - Air Compressor Sale!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I was browsing through the new junk mail today and right on the front cover of my Canadian Tire flyer I saw an item I had to share with you guys. There is a 3-gallon Campbell Hausfeld air compressor on sale for half-price (only $74.99). It also comes with an accessory kit, comprised of a hose, blower nozzle, air chuck, inflators (for air mattress and balls) and some fittings.

For 75 bucks I think that's a pretty good deal. Many people like to use an air compressor to clean their vehicles off after racing/bashing. This one actually has a small tank and comes from a company with a reputable name in compressors. It might even be used for supplying an air-brush for your own custom car and truck bodies.

Just so you know, I'm not affiliated with Campbell Hausfeld or Canadian Tire and I'm not even endorsing this compressor as I've never used this make or model. I already have my own larger compressor and tools, but I just had to share this deal. If anybody buys one, please let me know how it works out.
puffer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:15 PM   #2
imported_Newfy

Thx man i was looking to buy one.
imported_Newfy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:34 PM   #3
imported_PB

Good call...

I was actually going to pick one up, but for those that didn't see the flyer, it's a great hobby compressor. So unless you have room or funds for a larger 13 - 30 gallon model, this is great for cleaning the vehicles, airbrushing... and other light duty work. But make no mistake, it doesn't have anywhere near the power to properly operate things like torque guns, sanders, cutters... etc.

I'll plug it in tonight, and report on it's operation tomorrow if someone hasn't already...

PB
imported_PB is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-29-2005, 02:39 PM   #4
imported_PB

Well it turns out that most stores stock a similar model, made by a company called Team Mechanix or something. It does not look as good as the Campbell Hausfield model. Oh, and on top of that, the Team one is only a 2 gallon resevoir, not a 3 like advertised. I'm going to try a few other canadian tires, but I know the one on Dufferin by 407 has the Team one... Anyone actually found the CH model?

PB

P.s. I am going to try and see if the ones off the site are actually the CH unit...
imported_PB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:06 PM   #5
XR2

Went into the CT. store yesterday and found out the sale doesn't start until Mon.; but they have 42 units in stock. Only in Nova Scotia you say!
XR2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:23 PM   #6
venom813
RCC Senior Contributor

I went to the Canadian Tire at Eglinton and Laird and bought one. They had a whole bunch of them.

If you go to Canadian Tires website, they tell you if a particular store has it in stock or not.
venom813 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:35 PM   #7
puffer

I think PB hit the nail on the head when he called this a "Hobby Compressor". Like he said its not meant for serious work. My Canadian Tire flyer indicates that the sale is on right now, with prices in effect to Wednesday, February 2/05. Perhaps different parts of the country are running the sale at different times.

Oh, now that I read the small print, I see in the bottom corner of the flyer photo: "May not be exactly as shown". Perhaps that where the Team Mechanix version comes in. Like PB said, it should at least have the same tank capacity to be comparable, Canadian Tire say it ain't so!

I checked the CT website just now and it shows the Campbell Hausfeld, Product# 58-7956-8 although it does indicate that
Quote:
product may vary by store.
puffer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:20 PM   #8
FearFerretRC
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Tom

I found (but unfortunatley didnt purchase) the advertised compressor in Brantford today.

There are 3 canadian tires in brantford... if you take the QEW to the 403, get off at Gardener Road, make a left on to Gardener.... Second set of lights make a right, drive about 3 kms you see the one I was at on the left hand side of the road.

The price, and model, were as advertised.... and there was probably 10 or so there in the centre isle. So if you want one bad... i know its there.
FearFerretRC is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:30 PM   #9
dirtbuster

Went to 3 CT stores and it appears that they are selling Team Mechanix instead of CH...isn't that false advertising though...I know the fine prints indicated "not exactly as shown" but the specs was even incorrect. I wasted 2 hours going around looking for the CP one - I wouldn't pay 50 bucks for the Team Mechanix one..........
dirtbuster is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:20 PM   #10
spond
Alumni Mod

I am: Scott P

I own the team mechanix one.. and it sucks for waht we need.. It can't maintain any air pressure toblow off the truckk. and it just palin sucks for anything but hosehold stuff...

I hope that CH can put a better unit together.. they should be able to...especially the tank capacity...

DO NOT GET THE TEAM MECHAICS compressor.. it sucks...
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in