Old 10-15-2015, 02:44 PM   #1
Billpilotca
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Bill T
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Total Props: 21
2016 Contest Schedule

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
CD's and potential CD's - please note the article on the NCFR Regional tab on the IMAC web site. Ron (our RD) has asked that all CD's please input proposed dates for 2016 contests on the North Central schedule. Even if they are not cast in stone he wants to get them up on the schedule so we can see how this is evolving for next year.

All contests need to be approved by the RD as we (Ontario) are part of NCFR and under the IMAC umbrella. This is not an onerous deal, but you should be aware that priority is given to those CD's with established contests who are proposing to hold their contests on similar dates to the previous year i.e. first weekend in June, third weekend in July etc etc.

If I use NOIC as an example, it has been held on the August long weekend for the past number of years. As such the NOIC would have priority for the August long weekend in 2016 as long as the CD confirms this by a certain date - yet to be determined .

Ron wants to establish a cut off date, after which if the existing CD has not confirmed their contest then the contest will be treated as "new" and will have to be reviewed along with other "new" contest proposals. I do not know what the cutoff date will be, maybe Jan 1 or Feb 1, Ron will communicate that. What he is trying to avoid is CD's waiting until March or April and then there is an argument over who is going to have a contest on a certain date if multiple contests are proposed.

Note - the RD can elect to approve multiple contests on the same weekend as long as there is a significant geographic separation. So if Ottawa and Chicago wanted to have contests on the same weekend, that is likely to get approved because they are 15 driving hours apart. However Jackson and Woodstock would not likely get approved on the same weekend because there are likely pilots who could want to attend both.

Also no contests are typically scheduled the same weekends before and after the US Nats. It has happened in the past that a US contest was scheduled at the same time as the Canadian Nats because the pilot groups were typically different.

Any questions, please let me know. I have asked Ron for any other criteria but I think it is really just a matter of getting a tentative schedule hammered out as soon as we can this winter.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:54 PM   #2
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
Re: 2016 Contest Schedule

Wow such organization! I think Craig has already booked the NOIC for next year with MAAC!
Team Canada IMAC Worlds 2014
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:54 PM   #3
LEE
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Lee P

And it's in the Sault
Team Canada IMAC Worlds 2014
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-15-2015, 04:02 PM   #4
garyr1
RCC Contributor

I am: Gary R.
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 7

Quick question: Do other MAAC regions have event coordination meetings like Ottawa Valley? We have one in November/early December to ensure minimal duplication of events in our area.
Before I can submit a firm date to IMAC, I need to get it past the MAAC region meeting...and this region has something on nearly every weekend. It gets complicated!
garyr1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:46 PM   #5
Billpilotca
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE View Post
Wow such organization!
I have had discussions in the the past with Ron about what I perceived as lack of understanding of these approval processes. My conclusion was that the expectations of RD approval have always existed, however in the past these mechanisms were perhaps poorly communicated or not widely understood.

In that we operate under the IMAC umbrella and rules, including the Regional structure, we need to work with these folks to make this as smooth a process as possible.

At the end of the day, all the RD is really doing is trying to ensure that there are no conflicts between contest scheduling. I am just trying to improve communication and help CD's get their contests on the books.

Given that NOIC has been on the August long weekend previously then it is really a rubber stamp job for Ron. The NOIC has additional importance now because of the America's Cup.

Last edited by Billpilotca; 10-15-2015 at 05:54 PM.
Billpilotca is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:51 PM   #6
Billpilotca
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyr1 View Post
Quick question: Do other MAAC regions have event coordination meetings like Ottawa Valley? We have one in November/early December to ensure minimal duplication of events in our area.
Before I can submit a firm date to IMAC, I need to get it past the MAAC region meeting...and this region has something on nearly every weekend. It gets complicated!
Gary - I cannot respond to the question except to say I am not aware of any such event coordination in the Middle Zone. From Ron's perspective, essentially you have priority to schedule the Stetson event on a middle August weekend such as you did this year, if in fact that is workable for the club and the zone. All Ron is asking is for CD's to put up their tentative dates subject to further approval by clubs, executives etc.

Existing CDs are considered first in line to book their dates. So this is true for Woodstock (June), Hamilton (July), NOIC (Aug), Stetson (Aug) etc. If you want to consider other dates then we have to look at the whole schedule to see what works on both sides of the border.

Last edited by Billpilotca; 10-15-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Billpilotca is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:08 PM   #7
garyr1
RCC Contributor

I am: Gary R.
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 7

Thanks Bill. Done and done. I just registered the event for the suggested weekend of August 20/21.
It's tentative at this time. Let's assume it will work out just fine.
garyr1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:11 PM   #8
Billpilotca
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Great Gary - thanks for that. If there are problems we will deal with them.

We just want to get an early preview of what next year might look like.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:13 PM   #9
craigk
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Craig K
Radio of choice:
Spectrum NX10
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 10

Done,
A bit premature
MAAC #9467L IMAC 3706
craigk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:08 AM   #10
Billpilotca
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE View Post
Wow such organization! I think Craig has already booked the NOIC for next year with MAAC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigk View Post
Done,
A bit premature
Seemed like you were already on it. Anyway, thanks for doing it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in