Cool link of a drone flying thru fire works - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FPV First Person View RC flying.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #21
rome
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Romeo R
Radio of choice:
Futaba/Taranis
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 9
Re: Cool link of a drone flying thru fire works

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
For us RC fliers we know it may be harmless to do most videos that we've been seing here. and in youtube, but we know how lawmaker work. Sometimes they will not look on who's flying safe or who's flying reckless. they will just put us all in 1 basket and be done with it.

I just started enjoying my quad, and i hope to enjoy it longer in the future.
maac #38176
sport flyer
rome is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:12 AM   #22
Thunder Chicken
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Nathan C
Radio of choice:
Airtronics

Total Props: 18

Although this video provided a neat view of the fireworks, it gives many others ideas on what they could do with their Phantom and gopro,. These things are affordable for the mass public which would be great for our hobby if everyone followed the same set of safety guidelines. Not everyone has the same thought on common sense. Before you know it, these same people are flying around in neighborhoods and towns, taking pictures and video for profit, using nothing other than a Phantom and a gopro. Not saying that's a bad thing, it just has to be done safely, properly, and legally. Transport Canada will let you know if what you want to do is safe when it comes time to make money with your Quad.
In the full scale world, commercial flights are held to a much higher standard than private flights, however private pilots must still maintain themselves and their planes to a standard to ensure public safety. This is something that RC pilots don't have to do, and hopefully won't have to do, if we can keep the crazies from hurting or killing someone with their cool flying camera.
Thunder Chicken is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #23
4*60
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: DSM
Radio of choice:
Radiomaster, Taranis
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 199

Guess I'm just another naysayer. Should sum up my feelings. Some people forget that everyone is entitled to express opinions and name calling bullying is not logical just.....

Old 10-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #24
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 Jeti and Airtronics SD-6
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
FYI Check out this video.

It was all filmed locally here. I know the owner of the company, the pilot, and camera operator. They have separate insurance for everything. gear and for liability. They have landowners permission. Permits for some shots and 2 operators. Twin redundancy on virtually everything. This video cost 1000's to produce with all of that. This is how aerial photography is done safely and legally so that if an incident were to happen, people would have protection. both the public and the operator. If this casued an incident. Insurance would be in place to to cover any injury or damage and a lot of work and money was spent to minimise that risk.

Could the same video be done with a dji and go pro by an uninsured guy working out of his trunk??? You bet it could but even though the video would be the same. The legality and ethics of one would be very different then the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNiRewhbPVE
Just one question , Kevin.... with all the insurance ( MAAC insurance ? or private ?)and preparations, he did ... did he in fact file his flight plan with Nav Canada ?
stegl is online now   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in