Prepayment of a Glorcs Event. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:21 AM   #1

Total Props: 57
Prepayment of a Glorcs Event.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Should Glorcs insert a rule that all Glorcs event`s must be prepayed.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
re pre payment of registration fees

as i stated in the other glorcs thread im all for pre paying my registration fees for races if it will ensure that the track will make sure that the top 3 finishers of all the mains will get some kind of hardware.

if pre paying your registration fees will help track owners be better prepared come race day then im all for it.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jeff F

95% of races that are anything over a club race or a points series are prepaid in the states... I totally agree with it for up here. It hurts everyone if people sign up and don't pay or show up... if they sign up, pay and don't show it really only hurts themselves.

thrash metal's point of the hardware is especially true I think.
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
CRUSHER
RCC Supreme Contributor

If we all want our cake ( Hardware) and to eat it too... We all must pre register for events... No one like to be rained on but in the end it is off road and things to get dirty.

That last mud race I went to was @ Niagara and I had a blast on the stand... We were all running the B main and everyone on the stand was having a great time regardless of the rain.

I know I am rambling but my point is make the best of it when there is inclement weather... we may have $$ invested in our gear but think about the tracks owners and what they have invested... we need to support them so they in turn can support us with our just desserts I.E. Trophies, T-shirts etc...

This is a no brainer for me... PRE REGISTER.

My .03¢
CRUSHER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUSHER View Post
If we all want our cake ( Hardware) and to eat it too... We all must pre register for events... No one like to be rained on but in the end it is off road and things to get dirty.

That last mud race I went to was @ Niagara and I had a blast on the stand... We were all running the B main and everyone on the stand was having a great time regardless of the rain.

I know I am rambling but my point is make the best of it when there is inclement weather... we may have $$ invested in our gear but think about the tracks owners and what they have invested... we need to support them so they in turn can support us with our just desserts I.E. Trophies, T-shirts etc...

This is a no brainer for me... PRE REGISTER.

My .03¢

well put crusher!
Old 11-25-2008, 03:20 PM   #6
Jeddddd
RCC Contributor

I am: Jeff G

I have no problem with preregistering ... to a point ... if a race gets completely washed out ... a track should only get to keep the cost of trophies, etc and participants see a partial refund or something I don't know ... all I know is ... pre registering ... with no chance of any refund (as I believe Chuck suggested) will see attendance drop ... especially with bad weather in the forecast ... not to mention if a scenerio such as 150 drivers prepay roughly $10,000 to a track and the race is completely washed out and they respond "tough tulips"
Jeddddd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:37 PM   #7
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

i would think the tracks would have the race at a later date in case of a washout, and honor race fees paid for that event or allow you to use them for another race at the same track
Old 11-25-2008, 07:10 PM   #8
joeparent
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Joeparent

I think per-paid registration is a good idea.but personally I really want to see the entry fees brought down..it is out of control!! don't want to stir the pot but the bottom line it is, a lot of people have cut back because between gas prices and what it costs to get to a race then entries fees , lodging if you are not camping, food..it just is not worth the money with the way the economy is , and the future of the economy coming.
I know I had to cut back last year due to this and the fact I have a family and bills...I am just thankful for my sponsors as if it was not for them I really don't think I would be racing at all anymore , and I think you might end up seeing more of it this summer as gas prices rise again, and the jobs in our area continue to disappear
just my 2 cents..
see everyone sooner or later!!
joeparent is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #9
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

I for one can pre-register but can't prepay. My schedule changes hourly sometimes. Rain and mud will never see my car.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #10
Doc
RCC Contributor

I am: Derek R

I preregister and prepay for each race and will continue to do so. And not just for the free shirts, right Darren! haha.

I am concerned that forcing this will reduce the total turn out for any race by eliminating the last minute people and may cost the track owners in the long run though.
Doc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in