RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 02:46 AM   #1
imported_REVOS5
RCC Master Contributor

Total Props: 0
Weekend at GRC.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just came back from GRC offroad track.

Man, lots of fun this weekend. I was with few sponsored XRAY guys the whole weekend, Rick Endler, Donny, and Gareth Houben. I learned a lot off those three guys. Couldnt ask for a better pit crew, just incredible.

Me and Rick Endler (ENDLER) went together to the track on Thursday so we could get there early, get some sleep so we could practice Friday first thing (big thanks to Darryl).

The sleep part didn’t work so well. Rick and I were building and getting some base settings on my new XB8 till about 4:30 in the morning.

When we were on our way on Thursday it was raining hard, and wouldn’t stop. We came to to the track, and the track was flooded completely. The pump was constantly working. The crew was on the track a lot trying to dry it up, great effort that paid off around 5 PM. The track was runable but still not dry, and our cars were literally getting 5 lbs of dirt every run. A few people got practice that day. It was good. I was running fairly good.

That night myself and Rick Endler, again, worked on my car. He did some final setting touches. Man is he good. Huge thanks to him. He got me driving like a champ.

On Saturday everything was good. Track was dry, everything was pretty much on schedule, everything was good. I ran three qualifiers, however I finished only one completely which got me into B-Main. I owe a lot of that to Rick though, without him, I don’t think I could have gotten there. He gave me lots of wicked advice, really knowledgeable, couldn’t ask for a better person to be with at the track. I learned a lot from him this weekend.

Sunday it was race day. It rained a little bit Saturday night so there needed to be a little track maintenance but that was really quickly taken care of. There was suppose to be 4 qualifiers, but they could not do the last one because of that little rain hold up. The mains started almost right away. Gareth was probably driver of the weekend with TQs in both buggy and truggy, first place truggy, and third place 1/8 scale A-Main. I did not do so well however, I was driving good, but my engine was not. I had probably 8 flame outs, until i gave up. Dang, I think I would have finished mid to high B main if my engine was constant, I was getting good lap times when I was running.

I love the XRAY XB8 and the support for it is amazing. Rick Endler got me on the right track, quickly. I'm really glad I went with him.

Overall i was happy with how the weekend turned out. Even though i had engine problems, things are starting to finally go in the right direction for me.

Maybe I will be able to catch a sponser later on, I'm planning on it.

Sorry for the long post. Just thought i would share how my weekend went.

Current : Align TREX 450 PRO VBAR 4s....fastest 450 in toronto.
Outrage Velocity 50 OS 55 beast!
imported_REVOS5 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:49 AM   #2
imported_REVOS5
RCC Master Contributor

Oh, forgot to give a shoutout to Jack Frost and RCPARTSOURCE. Thanks a lot.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:28 AM   #3
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bill N.

See? Aren't you glad that you didn't sell off all of your RC stuff now? I wish I could've gone with you guys but I just couldn't afford to do it this year. Next year I'm going to try and hit most of the GLORCS races. Sounds like you guys had a great time!

regards

speed metal

Old 07-03-2006, 12:11 PM   #4
imported_Zeppo

The racing was amazing. My car wasn't even working, and I still had a blast.

The 1/8 buggy a-main was the highlight for me though. I really thought that Gareth was going to take 1st for the first half of the race, but a couple little problems and he came in second...2 laps behind the win.

Great Race...and nice trophies.

I hope the videos are posted soon...I'm already feeling withdrawal.

I'll just have to wait until Niagara this month, and hopefully everything is working, and I can actually get out and race. I'll probably come in dead last, but it'll probably be the most fun I'll have losing.
imported_Zeppo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:07 PM   #5
imported_REVOS5
RCC Master Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Metal
See? Aren't you glad that you didn't sell off all of your RC stuff now? I wish I could've gone with you guys but I just couldn't afford to do it this year. Next year I'm going to try and hit most of the GLORCS races. Sounds like you guys had a great time!

regards

speed metal
oh yeah, definately. i cant wait for niagara (i hope i can make it)

i'll be there for practice day as well.

Old 07-03-2006, 01:09 PM   #6
imported_REVOS5
RCC Master Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppo
The racing was amazing. My car wasn't even working, and I still had a blast.

The 1/8 buggy a-main was the highlight for me though. I really thought that Gareth was going to take 1st for the first half of the race, but a couple little problems and he came in second...2 laps behind the win.

Great Race...and nice trophies.

I hope the videos are posted soon...I'm already feeling withdrawal.

I'll just have to wait until Niagara this month, and hopefully everything is working, and I can actually get out and race. I'll probably come in dead last, but it'll probably be the most fun I'll have losing.
yeah man, its a bummer your car did not work. thanks for the radio though!

Old 07-03-2006, 01:49 PM   #7
imported_Zeppo

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVOS5
yeah man, its a bummer your car did not work. thanks for the radio though!
no prob, glad I could help someone stay in the mains.

I'm gonna get things working this week though...I'll be ready for a decent practice at niagara this weekend...(fingers crossed)
imported_Zeppo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #8
ayk_driver
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

good to hear u had a great time... glad u like ur XB8 too....
Old 07-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #9
Droid
RCC Contributor

What a weekend, mine started so bad. I think I'm going to get a new buggy... lol.

That was the first time I have ever been in a 45 min A-main.
Droid is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #10
PeanutButterJellyTime
RCC Supreme Contributor

lol I guess it went the opposite way for you as it did for me, my stuff was mint in the qualifiers, both cars were awesome, then as soon as the mains started all hell broke loose. I blew both bevel gears in my ST-R (but still placed 5th in the A-main) and my buggy literally started to fall apart in the rear end... but the weekend was really good

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in