Good beginner micro indoor heli - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #11
ddruck
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Dan D.
Radio of choice:
DX18, JR9503, JR9303,

Total Props: 5
Re: Good beginner micro indoor heli

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well I just did 10 batteries on the MSR and yes it is fun and I scream around the living room with it but I have a soft spot for mini helis but I have been flying for 2 years. As the next step after MCX it is a stretch. Yes you can learn on it but you need some space indoors and it will be difficult. Take off from the ground is as crappy as any fixed pitch, it is actually easier to hand launch. Trex 450 is perfect for learning but pricey, 50 size helis require help, clubs , ground equipment and too much commitment to the hobby at the learning point. Actually after more then 2 years of sport flying I have 0 interest in ever acquiring a 50 size nitro heli. So it is a personal choice. Having said that size and quality do make a difference in learning fast.
In micro size, Hirobo Quark is absolutely the best I have ever tried but very pricey, The innovator is definitely equally stable but a technical nightmare.
I learned to hover and fly circles on cx2 and Hone Bee FP in a 10 x12 basement in one winter at a total cost of about $200 in broke parts, mostly blades in a tight basement and may hours on flight sim.
What ever your choice, lots of stick time is most important.
Dan
ddruck is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in